Chapter 23

Steve Rogers - Captain America

"I'd take your minds, both of you." I felt Freya stiffen beside me, and I stepped in front of her slightly, remembering that she had been mind controlled before.

"Especially you." He said looking at her. "I like you." He winked, and a disgusted sound escaped her lips.

I felt rage build up inside me as I clenched my jaw and tightened my grip on my shield. "You can't talk to women like that." I said angrily. "Not any woman, and especially not her."

Loki smirked. "Ah, but I could do whatever I want right now. I hold all the cards. If your friends make a move, I can end both your lives right now. Well, actually, I could end ALL your lives right now."

"But I won't."

I looked at him, eyes narrowed. He chuckled. "I could kill you all now, kill the Avengers. The Earth's 'mightiest heroes'." He made air quotes around the words mightiest heroes.

"But no. I don't want to just kill you. I want to annihilate you. And I want everyone on your world, and everyone on all worlds, to know that I, Loki Laufeyson, killed the Avengers. And I will do it slowly, painfully, torturously. And I think I'll start with the head of the snake."

Loki turned to look at me. "When you cut off the head of the snake, everything collapses. No leader, no orders, nothing." An evil gleam lit his eyes as he looked at me, an amused smirk playing on his lips.

"But like I said, I don't just want to kill you. I want to annihilate you."

Loki's eyes flicked to my left, his smirk growing. "And what better way than to watch the love of your life die before your very eyes?"

He lunged forward, reaching for Freya. I moved to intercept him, but I felt a jerk on my arm, and I fell backwards, away from Freya. "Freya!" I yelled.

She summoned a fire ray and shoved it against Loki's chest, making him jump back in surprise.

I swung my shield around and slapped the chitauri across the face with it. It was tall, taller than even me by a few good inches. I leveled its gun and fired, barely giving me enough time to block the ray with my shield.

Freya was fighting Loki, eyes narrowed with determination. I saw her sister Maggie, or Frost, creep up behind her. "Freya, behind you!" I yelled before feeling a rough blow to my head.

The tall chitauri again.

I fought back against the onslot of chitauri, trying to make my way towards Freya, but I could never reach her. The chitauri deliberately positioned themselves in my and everyone elses way, so that she was cut off from the rest of us, fighting against both Frost and Loki at the same time.

I could see how she was doing, and it wasnt good. She looked exhausted. Her tight maroon suit was ripped in some places, and she had several cuts and bruises and was definitely dirty from all the fighting.

A chitauri stepped into my line of vision, and I couldn't see her anymore.

"Stark!" I yelled. "We need to help Freya! Loki and Frost are hell-bent on killing her."

"On it Cap!" Moments later, I saw a red and gold suit fly up into the air, three chitauri hanging on to his suit.

"Get the hell off!" He yelled. An arrow entered the back of one of the chitauri, a bullet hit the other in the head, and the third was blasted off by Tony's blastors.

"Thanks." I heard him remark.

"Did I just hear the famous Tony Stark say thank you?" Natasha asked sarcastically over the com device.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Freya Taschereau - Burn

Loki blasted another blue ray at my head as I heard Natasha ask sarcastically, "Did I just hear the famous Tony Stark say thank you?" I chuckled lightly before throwing a fire ray at Loki, pushing him back a bit.

I conjured a fire wall and stopped the ice blade from hitting me. The wall changed and formed into an attempt to trap my sister inside. Not harm her, but trap her so she couldn't harm me.

I could feel her fighting back inside, freezing parts of the inferno already. Damn. I wasn't strong enough to be able to get out of this. Once that fire went down, I wouldn't be able to conjure any more. And Loki was already getting up, coming towards me.

I felt my heart break as I called out to Steve.

"Steve?" I asked into my ear piece. Fire, 15% frozen over, time before Loki gets here, two minutes.

"Yeah?" I hear the faint slam of his shield cracking bone and smile slighty. Fire: 30%. Time left, 1 and a half minutes. Crap.

"I think I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that date." I say. Fire: 50%. Time: 1 minute.

"What date?" Stark asks, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"What?" Steve asks after a pause. Fire: 75%. Time: none.

Loki stood in front of me, and he raised his staff menacingly.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, right before a bone crushing blow is delivered to my head, and the whole world goes dark.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Steve Rogers - Captain America

"Steve!" I heard Freya's voice say over the ear piece.

"Yeah?" I asked, hitting two chitauri over the head, and blasting the third with a fallen chitauri blastor.

"I think I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that date." She said over the ear piece. I slam my shield down on a chitauri's neck and turn to look in her direction. "What?"

"I'm sorry." she whispered. I heard a loud thud over my ear piece, then silence.

I felt panic and fear start to overwhelm me as I pushed past the chitauri, not even bothering to kill them. Hulk was close behind me, throwing the chitauri that I had carelessly left behind.

I fought my way through the army of chitauri with help from all the other Avengers.

I saw Tony's blastors firing from above, heard Natasha's guns go off multiple times, and saw Clint's arrows explode around me. Lightening electrocuted the chitauri around me, and the Hulk took care of the rest.

And I got there just in time.

Just in time to see Loki carrying an unconscious Freya in his arms, with Freya's sister Maggie holding on to his arm, and teleport them off the battlefield.