Chapter 13

Freya Taschereau - Burn

"Okay, I'll start another story."

I groaned inwardly at Tony's words. "For the love of God Tony, shut up!"

I heard many gasps and the scrapes of chairs turning. I tried to force my eyes open.

Open dammnit!!

Slowly, my eyes fluttered open, the harsh light blinding me. "Its so damn bright in here." I muttered. I felt Steve's hand tighten around mine, and I squeezed back.

I opened my eyes fully to see all my friends standing over me. I smile. "Hey guys."

For a moment, everyone's silent. Then, chaos erupts.

"My God, she's awake!"

"Good to see your eyes open Frey."

"Get Fury and Hill!"

"Freya!!!

"Good to see your eyes open, ass kicker."

"Hey Frey."

I look at Tony with a mild smirk and my eyebrow slightly raised. "Ass kicker? Where did that come from?" He chuckled.

"You kicked ass last night." My smile drops at his words.

Last night....

I pull my hand out of Steve's grasp and cover my face with my palms, feeling the tears starting to form in my eyes.

I can't let them see me cry.

I WON'T let them see me cry.

"Freya, its okay." I hear Steve whisper into my ear.

"You beat up two of them, and I beat up the rest." I slowly pull my hands away from my face when I realize I've stopped the tears. I sniff slightly. "Where are they?" I ask softly.

"In the holding cells." He answers quietly. I nod.

"Did you beat them up pretty good?" I ask, feeling slightly better. Steve smiles. "Yeah. I wanted to kill them, but I didn't think you'd forgive me if I did."

I gave him a giant smile. "I wouldn't have forgiven myself, because you would have killed them because of me. You're not a killer, so I wouldn't want to make you one." He laughed lightly.

"Are you feeling better?" Bruce asks from beside me. I nod. "Actually, I heard everything everyone said, I just couldn't respond." I say.

I turn to Tony. "And there is no way you took on a whole platoon of soldiers in Calcutta by yourself." I say crossing my arms. He scoffed. "You bet I did."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm SO sure." I sat up. "Can I get up now?" I ask.

I saw Steve stiffen beside me. "Is that a good idea?" He asks. I snort. "Yes, it is. It hasn't even been a full day, and I'm already back in the infirmary!" I laugh.

"One day?" I hear Clint ask. Natasha elbows him in the ribs roughly, causing him to double over in pain. He groans slightly.

I narrow my eyes and sit up. "What do you mean?" I ask him quietly.

Fear washes over me. Have I been in a coma for long? Have I lost more of my life in sleep?

After being placed in cryostasis, even regular sleeping gives me a momentary flash of fear and terror before I close my eyes.

Steve takes my hand gently again, and I look over at him. "You weren't asleep to long, just two days." I sigh in relief. At least it wasn't too long. Just a two days. I haven't lost to much.

"Thank you." I look at Steve again as I lift my head. I bite my lip for a moment, both of us regarding the other in a somehwat awkward silence.

His blond hair is swept up in its traditional hair cut, his bright blue eyes clouded with worry as he stares back into my golden flecked eyes. His handsome face is twisted into a look of concern for me, and I bite my lip even harder, holding back tears.

I wrap my arms around his neck suddenly and bury my face in the crook of his neck, the tears cascading out of my eyes like a salty waterfall.

Steve's arms wrap around my waist immediately, and uses one hand to rub small circles into my back. I sob quietly into his neck. I slip one hand away from his neck and grip the front of his shirt instead, pulling him closer to me and making a tight fist, venting all my frustration into a single act of anger and frustration.

"They didn't touch you, did they Freya?" Steve whispers softly into my ear, but I can hear the hardness in his voice.

I shake my head, but I don't move other than that. I can feel him relax beside me, and we just sit like that, I don't know for how long.

Finally, I pull away, somewhat shamefully, trying to discretly wipe my tears.

"I'm okay." I say confidently. "I feel better now." Steve nods, and gives my shoulder a squeeze before sitting back and giving me some room. I immediately miss his warmth, but don't object.

"Well," I say, sitting up and starting to get up. "What do we do now?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Interogate Loki. And given my background as Red Room's best interogator, I'm supposed to go in and get as much information. as possible.

I watch Loki quietly from the doorway. I'm on his left, Steve standing beside me.

"Are you okay with this?" He whispers. I nod. "I also need to know something on my own." I turn to look at him. "Go with everyone else, and watch on the screens. I'll be alright. You guys will be watching on the screens."

He nods reluctantly. "Alright." He turns on his heel towards the conference room.

I turn my attention back to Loki. He's sitting on the bench comfortably, his head leaning against the glass, eyes closed.

I tread forward carefully, trying not to make a noise.

I'm dressed in new suit that Agent Hill had newly developed for me, since my last one was ruined and a bit of a nuisance.

It was a marron catsuit, kind of like Nat's but with some alterations.

It had a built in fire resistant sheath on the back for my katana, and the utility belt had a lot of spots for small blades like throwing knives and shurikens who's blades I could light on fire.

A black hood was attached on the back, also flame retardent, like the rest of the suit, for when I couldn't get my hair and eyes to stop glowing, and to hide it if I was trying to.

Black gloves covered my hands, with a stabalizing agent built into the inside of the leather, so that I wouldn't scar my palms to much. They were a gift from Tony and Bruce.

I stood, feet apart, arms crossed, in front of the glass walls of Loki's cells.

I drew a breath in and said, "Agent Romanoff isn't the only one who can sneak up on you."