Chapter 29

Freya Tascherau - Burn

"You will all pay for the suffering you have caused him." She says darkly and dangerously.

She turns to look at me. "And I will get my revenge. You will watch your Captain die before your eyes, and I will avenge the pain and hurt he has caused my own lover."

I watched in horror as she started shooting ice blades at Steve, who barely had enough time to bring his shield up.

Loki raised his scepter, and the tesseract glowed blue, and swarms of chitauri came running in, shooting at my friends.

Steve was busy defending himself against Maggie, who had drawn him away from the group. The rest of the Avengers were gathered in a tight formation.

Natasha loaded her gun, Clint drew back an arrow, Bruce turned into the Hulk, Thor raised his hammer, and Tony powered up his plasma beams.

They fought in a tight circle, moving as needed and as a unit. The Avengers seemed to be doing fine against the chitauri, but I wasn't worried about them, not really.

I know Steve's shield and his defensive tactics weren't going to last against Maggie. I glanced up at my chains, and tried to wriggle my wrists free, but it was no use. They were already bloody from hanging to long, and wriggling made it worse.

I knew I was Maggie's even match, and in my state, our powers were evenly matched. My fire and her ice were even, and I, and only I, could stop her.

But these chains restricted my power. I couldn't melt the metal, and I couldn't shoot fire either way. I could only watch as Steve desperately tried to fight Frost, but I knew it was all in vain.

All this, their efforts to save me, were in vain.

Loki had planned this, he even told me so. He wanted to pick us all off one by one, he wanted to do it as painfully, both emotionally and physically, as possible.

One of Maggie's ice daggers grew into her ice sword, which clanged painfully against Steve's shield.

He swung his shield at her middle, and she blocked with her ice sword, another painful clang. She grabbed the edge of the shield with her free hand and attempted to pull it away from him.

I gripped the metal chains holding me up tightly.

Steve lost his balance and slid slightly near me. "Steve!" I yelled. Frost shot an ice blast, in his direction, catching him in the shoulder.

He fell on the ground heavily, shield a few feet away from him.

"Steve!" I screamed, louder, kicking the air wildly as I desperately tried to get free.

Frost started to run forward, ice sword held high, and her intensions were clear in the murderous and dark look she gave Steve.

I felt rage, anger, and despair build inside me as I clenched the metal angrily. "No!"

Don't fight your anger. A voice whispered in my head.

If you embrace me, then it'll be easier to control me.

And for the first time, I didn't fight it. I didn't try to supress my anger, didn't try to hold myself back. I let my emotions flow. Anger, hurt, fear, and most importantly, rage crowded my mind and ignited my insides.

I felt my emotions take over as Rage Factor and I became one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve Rogers - Captain America

Frost grabbed the edge of my shield and tried to pry it out of my fingers. Not today. I thought. She whipped the shield in frustration, and I went sailing with it.

I landed a few feet away from Freya. "Steve!" I heard her voice ring out, calling for me, her voice filled with fear and desperation. I stood, just in time to catch an ice ray to my shoulder.

Intense cold spread through my body, originating from my shoulder. I grunted in pain as I fell to the ground, shield far from my grasp.

"Steve!" She screamed louder, the rattle of chains becoming louder by my ear. I tried to stand, but it felt like all my joints, muscles, my entire body, was freezing over.

Fear washed over me as I look at my shoulder in horror. I WAS freezing over. A huge chunk of ice had already formed on my shoulder, and it was slowly creeping over my whole body. I watched in horror as I heard voices around me.

"Steve!" Natasha yelled, her voice sounding distant, and almost getting lost in the sound of battle.

"Cap!" Clint and Tony yelled consecutively, though Tony's voice sounded, surprisingly, more concerned than Clint's. Clint's voice sounded farther away, and more like a warning.

"Captain America!" Thor's voice boomed over the fray, almost as if he was close by.

The Hulk roared, something that sounded similar to 'Nooo!!!', depending how you heard it. And Freya's consistant screaming in the background.

Suddenly, her screams stopped, and I was filled with fear. Was she still alright? "Freya?" I murmured.

I saw Frost, running towards me, ice sword held high, ready to strike me down. I tried to move, but the ice had formed around me, rigidly and effectively trapping me.

I closed my eyes and waited for the cold, piercing pain of Frost's blade.

I waited but it never came.

Instead of the sound of her sword cutting through me, plunging me into the eternal darkness of death, I heard a foreign war cry, and a rush of hot air swept over me.

The clang of metal against metal assaulted my ears as I opened my eyes to a raging battle.

AN---

You can thank this early update to MeeraL13.

Hope you enjoyed MeeraL13!