Chapter 17

A/N---

Early update, because I can!! Enjoy!

Steve Rogers - Captain America

"Maggie!!!" Freya screamed again, her body shaking and thrashing around on the bed.

I pinned her down by her wrists, and Thor was holding her legs down. Stark was holding her down by the stomach as Bruce ran around like a mad man, frantically checking her vitals.

"Brain activity and heart rate are increasing, and from the things she screaming and the fever and sweating, I'm guessing she's reliving something from her past. Flashbacks, very traumatic flashbacks."

"No!!! Maggie! I'm sorry!" she screeched at the top of her lungs, fighting against Thor, Tony, and I.

"How is she so damn strong?" Tony exclaimed. He wrapped his arms over her waist and leaned across the bed, putting all his weight on her to stop her from moving.

I stared at her face worriedly. 

"Son of a bitch!!" She screamed, and her thrashing and resistance became even more violent and stronger.

Bruce jammed a long needle into her arm, and slowly over a five minute period, she started to calm down.

She stopped thrashing around and moving, but she still whimpered and whispered things like swears and 'Maggie'.

"Who's Maggie?" Natasha wondered aloud. I shrugged, standing up. "I don't know how they're related, but she's that ice lady we saw." 

"I shall speak to my brother. He might be willing to tell me something." Thor said, turning away and walking towards the conference room.

"She should be coming around some time soon." Bruce said coming to stand by me.

"Actually, that was just a calming serum. She should be awake in a matter of seconds or minutes. Maybe she's even already awake." 

"Bullseye." A rough, tired voice behind me says. I turn and smile happily at the sight of her familiar green eyes. She smiles.

"God, you don't know how much I miss seeing those green eyes of yours." I say, coming to kneel by her side. 

Her eyes light up unexpectadly. She smiled happily. She opened her mouth for a moment before her face drained of color and her eyes lost the happiness in her eyes.

"Freya?" She was staring down at her hands. I looked down. 

They were slightly scarred, remnants from the intense amount of her elemental power she had used.

"How many?" She whispered. "How many people did I kill?" She asked. My heart broke at her broken voice as she stared in horror at her own hands.

"None." I answered truthfully. "You didn't kill anyone. Neither did Rage Factor, if that's her name. She was to busy gloating and admiring having control to do much damage. Though she did manage to burn Loki's cape off."

She managed a somewhat amused hum, and folded her hands. She looked up at us. "Did you guys hear everything?" She asked.

Clint nodded by the door. "Yes."

She smiled sadly. "So, you probably want to know more about Rage Factor and... and... Maggie." She managed to get out.

No one said anything. She looked up. "I didn't know Rage Factor actually existed until today." She says. "I swear, if I knew, I'd never have come aboard this ship."

I looked at her. "What do you mean?" I ask, my voice slightly edged.

She looked at me sadly, the guilt evident in her eyes. "I could have killed you. All of you. Because of who I am, what I am."

"A liar, a thief, a pawn. A murderer." I grabbed her hand and held it tightly. She looked up in surprise. 

"Do not ever, EVER, say that again, do you hear me?" I asked. The intensity of my voice surprised everyone, including me.

"You are no liar, no thief, no pawn, and certainly not a murderer. You are the kindest, nicest, boldest, smartest, strongest girl I will ever have the pleasure of meeting in my artificially extended life. You are nothing less than amazing."

"Don't let Loki get in your head. Don't let Rage Factor push you around, don't let her control you. You are you, Freya. You're not a monster, not a killer. You're you. And everyone loves you for it." 

She looked at me for a moment, her eyes slightly widened in surprise. Then she sat up and hugged me tightly, her arms wrapped tightly around my neck, my arms wrapped around her waist just as tightly.

"You have no idea how much that means to me. You don't know how important that is to me, knowing you still support me, and always will." She whispers quietly into my ear, her warm breath tickling my ear.

I blushed slightly at her words. "I'll always be here for you Freya. Don't you ever forget it." 

She pulled away from me and looked at the others. "I really am sorry. I don't, I don't know how I'm going to control this." She said shakily.  

Bruce stepped forward and gave her shoulder a squeeze. "Don't worry. I can help you with that. Though you don't sound like you need to much help. After all, you haven't gotten angry enough to provoke Rage Factor until now."

 She genuinely smiles at his words. "Thank you Bruce. That means a lot to me." 

She sighed. "And about Maggie-"  

"You don't have to talk about Maggie if you don't want to." Tony said in a surprisingly gentle tone. Freya gave him a grateful smile. "I know you won't demand that I tell you, but I want to get this off my chest."

"Maggie and I came down to Earth together from Asgard. Somehow, we ended up settling into a life of crime for a while. I didn't like it, but she loved this new life, and I couldn't leave her. I told her it would always be the two of us."

"Margaret and Freya. Frost and Burn."

She wiped a stary tear from her eye and continued. "But then Red Room approached us. They wanted us to join them as a counter for some new soldier that was going to be created in some country in the west. Maggie, or Frost, wanted to join, but that's where I drew the line. I told her no, absolutely not, and we were stopping this life of crime we had created."

"That's when we started fighting. It turns out she was jealous of me because my powers were greater than hers, and I was passing this great oppurtunity up. I left to clear my head and when I came back, these Red Room agents were in our flat with Maggie." 

"They took me away, and I don't even know what happened to Maggie. They brainwashed me and everything, but by the time they were done with me, the soldier had apparently already died. A plane crash, actually."

"When Shield found me, the Red Room had given me my next and last target. They had to keep me restrained for a long time until the brainwashing broke off. I wanted to find Maggie, and eventually I found a gravestone with her name on it in the UK. I thought she was dead."

Freya sighed and rubbed her temple. "Apparently not. Somehow, she's still alive, for what reason, I still don't know."

She looked up at me, her eyes haunted and she had a broken look in her eyes. 

"But there's more."