Episode Fourteen (Clip Three)

The crowd went wild on seeing JL coming back to the summit. They began to swarm the blue hair when he got out of his car. Airi rushed to him.

"JL, may I?" She said pointing to JL's R34.

"Sure." The blue hair agreed.

"Oh my god...." Airi gasped on seeing the engine. There was a NISMO upgraded twin turbo engine with Superchargers and high-end intercoolers.

"Well it looks like we're in the same level again Joel." JL proudly said. The crowd oohed in unison.

Joel chuckles. "Fat chance, I'm still the better racer you know." JL rolled his eyes.

But then, there were a police siren. JL turned around. He was shocked to see a police car.

"Everyone stay calm!" A man came out of the police car. "I'm Detective Hiroshi and I'm here to arrest Katie Black for attempted murder!"

JL was shocked, he didn't call the detective to come.

JL: "Unless...."

JL turns to David who lowered down his smartphone. "It's for your own good JL." The blue hair grunts and ran to his R34 driving downhill.

"Come out Katie Black! I've been informed of your location. Surrender now!" Mr. Hiroshi said

Then there was a sound of tyres squealing. Katie was escaping in her black FD. The detective ran to his police vehicle, chasing after the FD.
_________________________________________
Katie drive downhill trying to lose the cop behind her. The gap was wide though, her car was faster. But then she brakes on seeing a blue R34 stopping in front of her with it's hood facing the FD.

"JL..." She said.

The blue hair rev his car, taunting Katie. She did the same too.

"Come on!" Katie launches forward towards the R34, burning rubber as it went. JL did the same, accelerating towards the FD. The two cars were about to collide with each other.

"Bring it on!" Katie yelled. JL took a deep breath and dodged the FD, steering away only metres before colliding with the RX-7. Katie was breathing heavily, they almost crashed. Then, JL pulls the handbrake and slides his car sideways blocking the detective catching up behind who was honking for JL to move aside. Katie saw this on her rear-view mirror, she was confused of JL's actions but continued on down the road.
_________________________________________
(Back at the summit......)

"I've no idea what was all that about." Mr. Hiroshi said as he smoke a cigarette. "That was the person who tired to kill you, but you let her get away!" He yelled furiously at JL with the smoke escaping he's lips.

JL smiled. "Guess I was at the wrong place at the wrong time." He said as the detective shook his head.

"Well, I must get going." The detective began to leave. "But don't ever do that again. I'm warning you." He said and drove off downhill.

"I don't understand you JL." Louis told the blue hair. "Why are you protecting that psychopath, she tried to kill you twice!"

"Everyone deserves a second chance." JL replied.

"I know she's bad, but deep inside her she's still human." JL smiles, gaining Louis and Joel's interest. "Plus, she was great opponent, the best I ever raced." JL started to look dreamy.

Everyone: *sounding sarcastic* "Oh, so that's how it is?"

JL: *blushing* "Damn, quit you guys!"

Everyone: *laughs*

And everything went back to normal.........

for now.....
_________________________________________
(Mount Kobushi, 2 years ago......)

JL tired to keep up with the green
Evo 5 in front of him. He desperately wanted to learn from it.

"If I get that guy to teach me I could finally end my losing streak. And everyone would stop laughing and respect me!" The young JL thought. "I would be the best water element racer in the Elemental Drifters!"

The R34 accelerated, it's twin turbo roared loudly downhill.

"I'm closing the gap I'm gonna win!" JL thought. And then suddenly a tight corner appeared. The green Mitsubishi executed it's drift around it perfectly.

"Damn it!" JL grunts, turning his car towards the direction of the turn but he understeers greatly. He then crashed into the guardrail in the outside of the turn.

"Urgh!" JL got of his car. He glance at his car and was kinda relief to see it not seriously damaged. "I'm sorry my R34."

He checked his body for injuries. He found one, there was blood oozing out from his lower leg.

"Dang, it's pretty bad." JL saw his wound. "I knew I should have installed a bucket seat. I'm using my leg as a brace."

The sight of that amount of blood made JL feel queasy. Then, the green Evo showed up. It parked beside JL's R34 and the driver came out.

JL: "An American?!"

"Hey are you ok?" The man in his 40s asked JL.

"Not really." JL replied.

"Don't worry I got a first aid kit. Let me get it for you."
_________________________________________
The man wrapped a bandage around JL's lower leg, stopping from bleeding.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you can drive, but I doubt you can go fast. Drive slowly downhill later. Got it?" The man tells JL who nods.

"Excuse me sir, but are you a doctor by any chance?" JL noticed the man's professional skill in bandaging.

"That's right." He replied. "I'm a doctor in a clinic not far from her."

"Thought you were professional racer." JL stated. "Those moves you showed me just now. They were awesome, nothing I ever seen."

"Well I was a street racer. But I retired, now I'm just a simple American doctor serving in a Japanese hospital." The man told JL. "But I do like to go for runs here on Mount Kobushi to relieve some stress."

"I wanna ask you a question." JL said. "How did you drift backwards just now?"

"Well, it requires experience, courage, bravery, and the craziness of youth to pull that off." The man replied.

"If that's the case...." JL trailed. "I know this sounds crazy but can you teach me those moves?"

"Huh?"

"Well, I'm a racer myself, but I don't know why I suck at driving. Losing match after match, I might as well have a losing streak. But those moves you showed me just now, if I could use them, I wouldn't be losing anymore."

"Please sir, I'm begging you. I don't care how long it takes for you to train me but as long as I improve." JL's determination interested the man. "My goal is to be the best racer out there!"

"Good." The man said. "You showed me something there kid. I'll do it for you." The man walked to his car. "You got time on Saturday night? Well if you do, I'll be waiting here to see you."

"Wait sir!" JL yelled. "What's your name?"

"Name's David, David Friedland." The man told JL.

"Then might as well I call you Sensei." JL said. "Cause you'll be my trainer."

David chuckes. "See you later kid!" And he drove off downhill.

The end......