Episode Nine (Clip One)

Previously......

"Guess I wasn't serious enough today. But mark my words I'll push myself if I had to." 

*Tyres squealing* 

"You improved five seconds. Not bad!"

"Eight seconds!!!" 

"!!!! Ten seconds!!?"

"You wouldn't believe this. He's improved TWENTY SECONDS on his third run!"

"Yeah, you better brush up your technique and lose that understeering habit. Otherwise, you'll end up at the bottom of a ravine." 

"You should use your back wheels in a drift, not the front."

"Louis, it's they're the ones that don't get it." 

 "Let me explain when a car is drifting it's basically understeering already, what I'm teaching you is to let your front tyres slide so the car won't be facing the inside."

*Tyres squealing*

"Here it is......The four wheel drift!"

"Only your heart would determine the battle's outcome. Believe in yourself that you can do it and you'll succeed." 

 "Alright, thanks a lot, Mr. Friedland."

"There he is!" 

"My prey has arrived."

"30000 yen, it's all yours if you beat me." 

"No one's ever beaten this guy before, but he's betting even more!?"

"He's installed a carbon fiber hood and a wing!!!" 

 "I have a feeling the rain would affect the outcome of the match."

"Alright, racers to the starting line!!"
_________________________________________
Episode Nine~The Ultimate Drift Showdown!!

Louis and Taiki got in their cars and revved the engine. Airi walked in between both cars and raised both of her hands as she let the rain fall on her smooth skin. Both drivers turn on the window wipers on their cars to wipe the water away from their windshield.

"Five......... four....... three....two......one.. go!!!" yelled Airi as she signaled the two racers.

Both cars took off, the sound of their powerful engines roared loudly. Taiki took first place leaving Louis behind.

Joel was grinning his teeth in anticipation while JL stood there calmly.

"Hey, how can you so calm in a situation like this?" Joel asked. "The dude's racing an opponent that has been undefeated by our top racers!"

JL laughed with his blue hair drenched wet. "True, but no one had ever beaten a racer trained by my Sensei himself."

Joel was puzzled. "Who is your Sensei?"
_________________________________________

Taiki widens the gap between him and the Mercedes. He shifts into thrid gear and speeds. 

"I told you to back off from this race! It's isn't possible that you could beat my heavily modified 350Z!" He laughed and attacked the first corner.

Louis sees the first corner and focusses, his eyes sharpen as he shifts gears and brakes, drifting into the corner. He was only five centimeters from touching the guardrail.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing!" A staff watching the whole scene babbled into the radio.

(Back at the summit....)

"*static* The Mercedes drifted perfectly into the first corner! He was only centimeters from touching the guardrail! It's got talent, I think we might have a shot at winning this!!*static*"

"WHAT?!" Joel exclaimed.

"I told you." JL took a sip from his can drink.

Next clip