Episode Eight (Clip Three)

Louis went to the fridge to get a carbonated drink. It's was about 11:00 at night but he was still hanging around in the garage David owned. Probably because he wanted to see the stars at night. He sank heavily into a bean bag and opened his can drink.

"Training tough?" Mercy asked the hoody who drank quickly from his can.

"Yeah, it is, however, I can't just give up now, not if all my friends are counting on me." Mercy liked Louis reply. The Mercedes knew he had a very caring behavior.

"You're a good friend Louis." Mercy brought that up.

"Wow thanks, but where did that come from?"

"Well, my previous partners weren't that kind, caring or great. They all used me to get glory and fame with the people on their planet, to be the Light. They abandon their own friends just to be with me." Mercy told his story. "I used to leave the planet immediately after defeating the Darkness, away from them. But I believe your something else, Louis. Something better."

"Well, thanks for the compliment." Louis took a sip from his can drink. Then David came in the garage.

"Oh, your still here, I thought you'll be in bed." He began.

"I thought I stay for a bit longer to see the stars." Louis looked out the garage door and stared at the sky.

"Anyway, I noticed your turbocharger sounded a little off while you were at your runs, let me check the condition," David said opening the car's hood. "Could you pass me that toolbox over there." David pointed at the toolbox on the table which Louis went to get. While that, he stumbled on an old photograph that made him wondered.

"Mr. Friedland, is this you?" Louis recognized the man in the photo he had the same black hair and wore the same white doctor coat with one hand on the railing of the rooftop balcony.

 Friedland, is this you?" Louis recognized the man in the photo he had the same black hair and wore the same white doctor coat with one hand on the railing of the rooftop balcony

"Yup that's me 19 years ago," David replied spacing out. "As if it was just yesterday I was racing down Mount Kobushi with that white FC...." He trailed.

"Mr. Friedland?"

"Oh! Sorry I spaced out. Well, get some rest. You'll need it for you training tomorrow."

"Sure, see ya, Mr. Friedland!" Louis said as he exited the garage.
_________________________________________
(The next night.....)

Louis drifted his Mercedes into a corner, hard braking and then accelerating at the exit to gain speed. He shifts to third gear to recover from the drift. David and JL were riding together with him observing his moves and technique. Then another corner was up ahead, Louis memorized the braking point. He times it perfectly and drifted smoothly into the corner.

"Yeah, how was that Mr. Friedland?" Louis asked the doctor who was seating in the front passenger seat.

"Nicely done!" David started. "Usually, it takes months to complete the training I gave you Louis. But you completed them all in just a matter of days. Gotta say, Louis, I'm very impressed."