Chapter 16: Finally

They walked to Bobby's in the rain.
It was ten miles, yet they were far too tired to fly, and John could barely stay upright. They couldn't move him in the air.
It was miserable. They were soaked.
Their wings were freezing. They didn't care. At Bobby's doorstep, no one spoke a single word as they struggled into their various kinds of jackets, and rang the doorbell.
It opened.
"Beth! Dean! Sam!" Bobby saw their bedraggled state and pulled them into his living room, no questions.
The fireplace was lit, the smell of food was in the air. "Bobby..." Beth collapsed into his arms. He gently laid her onto the couch. Sherlock helped John out of the jacket, exposing the blood stained mess.
Bobby didn't even notice everyone's wings once they took their jackets off. He just saw John's injury.
He tugged him into the kitchen, and told him to lay down on his stomach. John was unconscious in seconds, in which Bobby began to dig the bullet out of his shoulder. The flock were glad that he was unconscious for once.
In an hour, his wounds were stitched up.
Only then did Bobby notice the wings.
"My lord..." He looked at the assorted shapes and colors of their feathery appendages, "I... I'm... I'm guessing you're hungry?"
He made them as much food as they could eat. Chili, bread, pie... Even some soda he had bought at the store the other day.
The kids tore into it like jackals.
They collapsed on the couches, sleeping in seconds.
Except for John. He slept on the table.