Chapter 88

<3<3<3your body is my playground<3<3<3
************************************
Mia
****
Sleep. Sleep is nice. And as of lately, I've been sleeping a lot. More than usual. Lex comes in often to nap with me. Until I get horny and can't keep my hands from wandering. Of course, he doesn't mind helping me in that case at all.
But today, I have dragged my ass out of bed to head down to the new tattoo shop. It's still a touchy subject but we've started making design idea. And I say we, I mean Lex and I. We pick out paint colors, talk about where to hang pictures and paintings, and Lex has two interviews with new artists. I meet the gentlemen and they both seem nice. The plan is to have four artist work the shop, I plan on running the front desk and making appointments, while Lex will continue to handle most of the money side of things.
Lex and Chris will be the top two tattooist while another two will take walks in's and have a few appointments a week. It's all planned out and so far so good. The shop won't open for another two months and it gives us just enough time to have everything done.
Around one o'clock, Jess and Oscar walk in with a large pizza. Jess is definitely starting to show. It's a small bump and it makes Jess all the more beautiful.  Oscar looks around and gives his two cents in every so often. Pointing at things, telling us what should go where, and then looks very pleased with himself when Lex and Chris agrees with him.
I eat a piece of pizza while watching them. Jess rubs a hand over her belly. The pizza is crisp and cheesy. Normally the way I like it. But not right now. I spit the rest out into my napkin and run for the bathroom. I end up dry heaving for almost twenty minutes.
Jess came in and shut the door, so it's just us now.

"Don't you think it's time to take another test?"

I splash cold water on my face and glance up at her in the mirror.

"I don't know. Maybe," I mumble.

It's been two weeks since my last test. And I know that it's time for another. I just don't know what I want it to say. Positive or negative? The negative hurt but the positive will change everything. And I do want a child but I just wasn't planning on one so soon.
I leave early, driving myself home, not wanting to pull Lex away from work so early.
As the cashier rings me up, she gives me a kind and knowing smiles. I blush and look away. As I take the bag and turn to leave, she says, "Good luck." I nod and keep going. My heart slams on the whole ride home.
Maw maw is in the kitchen, trying a recipe out from a magazine. I don't hang around long. Upstairs in my bathroom I find myself doing just as I did before. Locking the door, trying to calm myself down, and waiting.
Waiting those few minutes are like torture.
During this time, my mind runs wild with ideas.
Like how will Lex react if it is yes.
What will he think if it says no.
Lex will be a great father one day.
Of that I'm positive.
In the last year, my entire life has changed in ways I never thought it would.
I think back on my birthday. The day I turned twenty. It was only a week ago today. Lex, maw maw and Jess had surprised me with a party. It was just us, family, even John came down for the party. I had told them not to do anything special but they never listen.
And I can't lie and say it wasn't amazing. Especially, the cameo necklace from Lex. Or the nook tablet he gave me. But the best gift of all was the card from my husband, saying how lucky he was to have me as his wife. The card had caused tears to over flow and he didn't seem to mind at all when my tears soaked his shirt. It had been a special night and one that I won't ever forget.
There have been many times that I realize how lucky I am. And that night  was one of those times.
Maybe I shouldn't use the word luck. I think that I have been blessed far beyond what I deserve.
True my family was taken away from me when I was a child.
But I had a new family with Mawmaw  and Jess.
And that family had grown into the D'Amores, with Oscar following close behind.
I will always miss my parents but in a way, I have a feeling that they both are very proud of me. At least, I hope they are. I also like to think that Lex's mother would have been pleased with him too. I know John is. Lex has come so far. And God love him, he has put up with me this long!
I giggle at the thought.
As hot headed and stubborn as he can be, I know I don't go with faults of my own.
I'm not perfect, neither is he.
But somehow, we have made it work.
I suppose that's the way marriage works though, even though it's hard to do, you work things out because of love. For love of that other person. Life isn't a walk in the park, neither is marriage, but it's most definitely worth the fight.
Time.
It's time.
I take a deep breath and look down.
I pick up the test, check the box again, and then look up at myself in the mirror. I don't feel the tears well up, but I see them fall down my cheeks.
I leave the test and box on the counter. On my bed, I grab my bag and find my phone.
I press the call button. And try to control my sobs.

"Hey, what's my girl up too?" Lex answers. Then he hears my sniffles. "Mia? What's wrong?"

(I will try to update again. Soon. I'm sorry it's been so long. I've had a lot going on and I'm leaving vacation tomorrow. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer! Xoxo, Much love!)