Chapter 72

...€...some people are worth melting for... Olaf-frozen...€...
************************************
Mia
****
"Are you asking me this because I told you that it was dream to marry you?"

His brows come together. I can't believe that I'm asking him this. Any normal girl would just say yes without any hesitation but since when have I ever been normal. I have to know that he wants this because it's what he really wants, not because he feel pressured too.

He starts to stand and I stop him.

"Lex, listen to me. I want to take that ring. I want to be your wife. I just want to make sure that this is what you want too. I don't want you to ask me this, if you feel like that's the only way to keep me."

He pulls out of grip. God, for once why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut! Now, he might change his mind. But I would rather he changed his mind than ask me this out of pressure. He turns away from me and I stand too.

"Lex, please, don't be angry with me," I mumble.

He spins around. "Christ, Mia! Didn't you want this?! You said-"

"Yes, I said! And don't yell at me!" After I snapped at him, I sigh. "And I do want this. I just want to make sure this is what you want. After all, you were the one who said that you didn't want to marry."

He takes my hand. "That's what your worried about? That I don't want this?  I wouldn't have asked you if it's not what I want. If I remember correctly, I never said that I never wanted to get married, just that I didn't believe that it was in the cards for me. And yeah, this is scary for me but that's okay, because I want this! I want you. I want you to stand beside for the rest of my life. I want to start a life with you. Have a home with you."
Tears start working up on me and he touches my cheeks. Our eyes locked. "Mia, you've become my life. My new dream. A life without you in it, wouldn't be a life worth living. Say you will marry me?"

By the time he has finished I can't move or breath. I just nod. And then say, "Okay."

The flash of happiness that crosses his face tells me how silly I was to question him.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Yes, I'll marry you," I laugh.

The greatest joy fills me up  as he lifts me into his arms and spins me around. When he says me back down on my feet, he kisses me with so much passion it makes me light headed.
We part.
Our breathing heavy.
He takes the ring in his hand and then takes my left hand.
He slips it on and I find it surprising that it fits so perfectly.
It makes my hand seem so feminine and pretty.
But it still looks so familiar.
And then it dawns on me.

"This was her's wasn't it? Your mothers?"

He doesn't say a word but the look in his eyes tells me, I'm right.

"Oh, Lex. I can't wear this."

He holds up my hand to look down at it.

"She had small hands like yours. I know she would have loved you. And she would have wanted you to have it.  I could have gotten you any ring in the world but none of them would have meant this much as this one."

I nod, understanding how much it means to him. I place my left hand over my heart and cover the ring with my other.

"I will protect and cherish it always. I promise," I tell him. "Thank you for letting me have it."

He gives me his famous crooked grin.

"I promise that I will do the same in protecting and cherishing you."

Our lips meet again. Neither of us hold back. Before I know what I'm doing, I unbutton his shirt. My hands touch the skin underneath. I feel his racing heart. The beats match mine. I look up at him through my lashes. His body starts to shake and it pleases me to know that it's because of me.
I am the cause for that racing heart beat.
I'm the one that causes his body to shake with need and desire.
This man is the love of my life.
I will spend the rest of my life being with him. Loving him. Showing him how much he means to me.
My hands drop to loosen the belt he is wearing. The button pops free on his pants. I have no shame when I reach into those pants either.

"God, woman," he hisses. "I want you so bad."

I look up at him again. "Then take me."

And he does. Right there in the middle of a flower garden. Our bodies working together, in a sweet slow motion that brings us closer together. We've made love many times now but this is one time I know I will never forget. It's like we were connected not just with our bodies.
I marvel in the pleasure of our love making.
Starring up at the stars, we lay close together. Side by side. My head laying on his chest.

"Besides our argument, this was a perfect night."

He laughs at me. "It's your fault we argued in the first place."

I roll my eyes. "I suppose it was."

Another minute passes by before he speaks again.

"So, are you ready to admit your jealous of Jess?"

I lean up just enough to smack his chest. "Would you stop that! I'm happy for her."

He just lays there. "Maybe we can work on one..... After we're married that is."

My eyes widen. "A baby? You want to have a baby?"

"Why not? You're making an honest man of me? Why not have a baby too?"

And just like that, my joy has escalated even more. I kiss him. Softly, he pushes me up.

"But let's take it one step at a time, please," he says.

I nod. "Only because you said please."

This time, it is he who rolls his eyes. "I think we should focus on buying a house. Planning a wedding."

I smile and return to laying on his shoulder. "Yes, one thing at a time."

(I'm so glad everyone loved the last chapter! And thank you for all your wonderful comments! You are all just amazing! Thank you)