Chapter 69

####darling, I'll take care of you.####
************************************
Mia
****
"Why has she woken up yet?"

My eyes flutter open, to see Mawmaw and John, Lex's father, talking.

"She will. It's just the pain medicine keeping her sleeping. She will get through this."

Mawmaw glances up at the ceiling.

"I just wish she didn't have to be put through this in the first place. I mean, my God, how many more times is she going to be in a hospital bed?"

John places a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"I know this has been hard on you. It has on all of us. But things will calm down now. Lex has great plans. At least from what I have heard."

Mawmaw turns to look up at him. "What do you mean? Great plans?"

John just smiles. "Just trust me."

I drift back off to sleep before they even notice that I was awake.

When I wake again, it's because of how sore I am. My body aches and my head is killing me. I moan softly as I try to pull myself up into a sitting position. I wonder why Lex didnt have me moved out of the hospital, like last time. And I realize Lex is supposed to be dead. John's home has been sold. Dr. Logan had no where else for me to go.
Jess fly's in.

"Wait, don't move! You're still hooked up."

Jess helps me stand. As bad as it hurts, it feels good too. I take a step forward and start to collapse. Jess'sarm go around me quickly.

"Easy," she warns.

I smile at her, all pain aside. It's nice to have Jess back.

"I missed you," I wishper.

She kisses the top of my head.
"I missed you too. I swear, Mia, can you ever stay out of trouble?"

I grin. "What can I say? Trouble is my middle name."

She helps me to the bathroom and shamefully she has to help me stand back up and help me pull up my panties. All pride and dignity gone. But Jess is my best friend. My sister. No matter how long it's been since we have talked or hung out, we will always be sisters.

After a nurse comes in to check on me and Mawmaw and John have finished hovering over me, I send them off to get some much needed rest. John has to pull Mawmaw out, she didn't want to leave me, but I send her off anyways. They both were exhausted.
And now....
Jess and I sit on the bed, facing each other, like we use to when we were little girls, talking.  I explain everything that happened with Nick. How much I will miss him. How Kelly had been so obsessed with him that she lost her shit and accidentally killed him. How she almost killed me.
A few tears fall. More than anything for the fact that I will never see Nick again. I may not have been in love with him but I did like him. He was a good friend. He didn't deserve to go out like that.
After I am finished, Jess tells me how much she enjoyed Paris. How she and Chris saw so much and all they did while gone. And I do mean everything, they did! I see the love in her eyes as she talks about him and I am so happy for her. Then she tells me of how Oscar went missing and nearly gave her and Chris a heart attack when he left. How angry Chris was that Oscar had run off on his own.
We talk for hours it seems like. Before long I have exhausted myself again. I lay back and Jess covers me up.

"I'll be back soon, I'm just gonna go call Chris."

Sleep takes me again.
I dream of my family. All of us. John and Oscar. Mawmaw. Jess and Chris. Milo is even there. Lex stands next to me. The sun lights everything in golden sunshine. I smell the sea. I hear the waves rolling in. Children run up and down the shoreline, flying a kite.
Everything is beautiful.
I lay back against him. He touches my hair. I close my eyes. My hands settling on my stomach. My very large round stomach.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world," Lex whispers in my ear.

Happiness fills me so fast that it's overwhelming. Everything I have every wanted in one sweet dream. I never want it to end. I want to stay here forever.

"Mia.... "

I keep my eyes closed. No.

"Mia, it's me. Wake up... "

Just like that I am pulled away from my place of peace. I try desperately to hold onto my dream. But I can't. My eyes open to see a hooded Lex standing over me. Tears fill my eyes.

"Oh, baby. Don't cry. It's okay. You're okay."

He sits down beside me. Trying to comfort me.

"You're just a little banged up that's all."

I shake my head and whipe away my tears.
"It's not that."

He reaches for my hand. "Then what is it?"

I control my emotions as best as I can.

"I was dreaming."

He moves closer. "A bad dream?"

"No. It was a wonderful dream."

He grins softly. "Then why are you crying?"

I take a deep breath. "Because I didn't want to leave it. I wanted to stay there with you."

"What were we doing?" he asks.

Stoburnly, I don't want to tell him.  He will probably think I'm stupid and I don't want it to be like the last time I mentioned baby's to him. I really don't want to freak him out again.

"It was nothing. Just a silly dream."

He raises a brow. "Must have been one hell of a good dream to feel like this."

I shrug. "I just wanted it to be real."

He smiles. "Maybe one day it will be."

"Yeah, maybe." And then it hits me. "Lex, you shouldn't be here. What if someone sees you?"

"Baby, don't you know by now that if I don't wanna be seen I won't be. And besides, nothing could keep me away from you."

He leans down to kiss my lips. "Just when I get you back, this happens."

"It's over now." I reach up to bring his lips back down to mine, but pain shoots through me. I wince from the pain.

"Careful. Don't hurt yourself baby."

I sigh. "I'm so sick of being in pain."

I see the flash of sadness cross his face. "Now,  don't start that. This wasn't your fault and I'm gonna be fine. I'm just saying is all."

He leans down to kiss my hand. "I know. I just hate it. You don't understand what it does to me to see you like this. Here. I promise though, I'll take care of you. I swear it."

And I know he will. Lex takes care of everyone, in his own way.

(I'm sorry I have kinda been M.I.A. lately. I've been super busy. Thank you to everyone for voting and commenting! It's amazing how much support you all have given me. Thank you thank you thank you!! Please keep it coming! I know this chapter is kinda boring but I promise things are gonna heat up some more real soon! Lots of love. Xoxo.
And PS. Guys I know that I have a lot of typos and misspellings. I'm doing this on my phone after work. By the time I sit down to write anything my mind is already tired from my day,  so please be kind. I plan on editing this as soon as I can.)