Chapter 52

凸(-_-)凸 Fuck you dad!凸(-_-)凸

************************************
Mia
****
We sat on the sink old couch. God help me, I was gonna need a shower when we got back home. Oscar's father flopped down in a chair across from us. Oscar sitting in between me and Lex.
Lex, I can already tell is very irritated. And I can understand. What kinda life did poor Oscar have. It was no wonder he had stayed in the streets. Who in there right mind would want to stay here?

"So, what do you want? If he has caused any trouble, he can work it off. How ever you see fit. I don't have any money to pay for any damages he has caused."

Lex sits up. Elbows on his knees.
"So, you wouldn't care if I got him to make a few sales for me?"

I sat forward. Wondering what in the hell Lex was talking about. But knowing my man, I know he has some kinda plan, so I keep my mouth shut. Oscar's father raised a brow.

"Nah, I don't care. You know where I could get my fix? For a good price that is?"

My jaw dropped. Lex sits back, anger causes his knee to start bouncing.

"So, you're telling me, you don't give a shit that your son could be out in the streets, dealing drugs. And all you care about is getting your fix?"

Oscar's father looked a little worried now.

"You a cop or something?" he asks Lex.

"Nah, I'm not a cop. But I do know some pretty powerful people who can make things look like an accident. So, keep that in mind while I tell you why we have come."

Oscar's father sat up fast and reached into the drawer of his side table. With lighting speed, Lex was on his feet, hold a pistol to the man's head.

"Try that again and I'll blow your brains out."

I hadn't even known he had had a gun with him. Lex is still, as always full of surprises. I watch, while holding Oscar's hand, as Lex removes the gun Oscar's father had been reaching for. Lex removed the gun and handed it to me.

"Now. You are going to listen. Oscar...."

Oscar looked up at me but it was Lex who gave him the strength to speak.

"I'm leaving. I'm going to live with them now," Oscar's voice was timid.

Anyone could see how much Oscar feared this man.

And the man laughed. "You're leaving?! The hell you are! You seriously think these two care about you or something?"

"Yeah, I do. And I care about them too. I love them."

In that moment, I couldn't have been more proud of Oscar as of he were my own son.

"Love! You think they love you? It won't take you long to fuck that up. I give it six months and they'll be sick of you."

I couldn't stop myself from speaking up then.

"No, we won't. Because we can see what you can't. And it's a shame. You will never see what a beautiful, smart, and kind son you have. It's amazing that he could actually come from scum like you."

The man blinked at me, as if a woman had never spoken back to him.

"So, what exactly are you wanting me to do? Sign him over?"

Lex reached into his pocket of his jacket and removes an envelope.

"Yes. I already have the papers here. All we need is your signature. I will have it appovered by my lawyers and a judge."

The man looked at Oscar.

"This is what you want?"

Oscar nodded. "Yes."

The man then looked back up to Lex.
"I don't have to pay for any of this?"

Lex shook his head. "That's already been taken care of. Just sign."

Lex handed him the papers and a pen. While we had a few seconds I bent down to Oscar.

"If there is anything you want from this place, get it now."

The boy stood and ran upstairs.

"This means that you can't just drop him off once you get sick of him. At least not back here."

Lex squeezed his hand into a fist. I know he is doing all he can to not beat the living shit out of this man. But Lex keeps it together and nods.

We are standing at the door when Oscar comes back down. He is holding a picture frame and a bag over his shoulder. As he comes to us, his father grabs his hand, the one holding the picture. The man looks down at the picture of a woman holding a baby. For a moment I think the has regret in his eyes but it's gone in a flash and he releases Oscar's hand.

"Go on. Get out of here,"the man waves us away.

I step out and Lex follows but Oscar stops for a moment to look back at his father.

"Fuck you, Dad."

The door slams behind us.
I take a deep breath of clean air.
Lex grins down at Oscar.

"Watch your mouth."

Later that evening, Lex explains that Oscar was signed over to John, due to the fact that Lex was supposed to dead and all. I giggle at his cleverness. The papers were to be finalized tomorrow. So,  for the rest of the evening we packed and planned our first trip together.

(Sorry guys that I didn't update last weekend. I hope everyone is still loving this. I for one am thrilled for little Oscar. What about y'all? Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!)