Chapter 40

♪ ♬♡ ♬ ♪ you're always and forever the hero of my heart and the love of my life ♪ ♬ ♡♬ ♪

************************************
Warning!! This chapter will be sexual
****
Mia
****
As the guests arrived one by one, I shook hands and smiled to each and every face. Lex says close by me, never more the a few feet away. Often, he takes my hand and gives it a soft squeeze. He looks so handsome, all dressed up, even without a tie. And he and Oscar are acting like the perfect gentlemen. John stands next to Mawmaw, I know it is only for safety.
But even so... John has grown fond of my Mawmaw. Jessy and Chris are off in there own world, a world where only the two of them exist. I understand that world, with Lex.
I miss it, just being us.
As we stand and greet, I can't help but think that we look like a little family and in a way I think that's what we have become. Maybe we aren't quite perfect but what family is? I've always loved Mawmaw and Jess but I have also grown to love these new additions too. And especially the man beside me.
Lex says that I've changed him, in a good way, but he has also changed me. Now, I can't imagine my life without him. He is my hero. My safe place. The one who holds my heart. The more I think of the depths of my love for him, the closer I want to be to him.  I inch closer. He wraps a arm around my waist. He smells heavenly. I want to pull his attention to me, just as I start to stay something, dinner is served.
We all make our way to the grand dinning room. Everything is so beautiful. So elegant. Lex walks beside me. As everyone takes their seats, I spot someone I wished I would never see again. What the hell is she doing here? How had she gotten in? Had someone sent her an invitation without my knowledge of it?
She gives me a smug grin.
I want to slap the grin right off her face.
She is wearing a bright red dress. Very low cut, her breasts nearly showing.
Lex notices her too, he pulls me close to his side. I love him all the more for that.
We sit, too close to her, but at least we have a few seats away from her.  I try my best to ignore the fact that she is even here. The first course is place in front of us. The food looks and smells delicious. But now, I'm not so hungry. Nicki talks and laughs loudly. I know what she is trying to do. She wants him to notice her. Everyone else does but Lex is too busy in conversation with someone else. 
Jess, a bit further down, rolls her eyes at Nicki's great performance. I feel the same way.
Lex notices that I haven't touched my food.

"Eat."

I blink up at him. "I'm not hungry."

"Don't let her ruin your good time."

He's right. I know this. I take a bite. Then another. I play as if everything is wonderful but she is a annoying fly buzzing in my ear. I smile. Bat my eyelashes. Act like a lady. But I still wanna swat the damn fly.
The second course comes.
I take a few bites.
But the wine is better.
I'm already working on my second glass. I should slow down. But I don't.
Lex places a hand on my thigh. I clench my knees together.
I want him so badly, it isn't even funny.
I need to feel him. To touch him. To feel his fingers touch me. I feel a suddenly very needy. Clingy. I feel as if I might lose my mind. I don't like that Nicki is here. I hate that Lex and I haven't been able to have real 'couple' time in so long. I hate that I'm so insecure. Not only in myself but also in our relationship. Yes, I know that Lex cares for me but he has never declared his live for me. Not the way I have to him. He knows how much I love him. He knows how much I care. And even though he did jump into my burning home to save me, I want to hear him say it.
My pride keeps me from asking him. As badly as I want to hear him say the words, I will not push him into it. I don't want it to be forced. Or pushed. So, I will keep this to myself.
The desert is so beautiful I don't want to ruin it. It's just too lovely. Instead, I reach for my wine.
For a long time everyone stays steated, talking and laughing. People have been talking to Lex since dinner began. Though he has been in deep conversation for sometime now, his hand still remains on my thigh. It sits there, almost as if it's waiting for something. Just as I think this thought, his hand suddenly moves up.
His fingers search for the slit in my dress. Now I know why he had brought this dress, besides the fact that it's beautiful, it's also easy to get his hands into.
I take a sip of my wine.
His fingers touch my panties.
I choke.
Good God!
I try to push his hand away.
Not now! I want to scream.
I snap my knees together, which only makes his fingers work harder.
Lord have mercy on me!
He keeps his face under perfect control, never giving anything away.
My face, on the other hand, is burning red.