Chapter 33

'Ω'°Д°'Ω' I had a dream about a burning house. You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out. -Cam 'Ω'°Д°'Ω'

************************************
Mia
****
After taking a shower, painting my toe nails, and drying my hair, I sit on my bed and wait for Lex to come over. He had some 'business' to take care of. I didn't question him about it, we have been getting along too well to ruin it now. I expect him anytime.
I've tried my best to be cute.
A white T-shirt, I stole from him.
And a pair of pink panties.
The only other kinda sexy panties I have, besides my black ones.
I wait.
And for now, it's just me and Spongebob.
Funny how I still get so much joy from cartoons.
My eyes become heavy.
I text Lex to see when he will be here.
No reply.
I hate it when he doesn't answer me.
As I drift off into sleep, I dream of kisses and cuddles.

Lex
****
I slam the doors shut at the warehouse. Everything is in place and accounted for. No trouble this night. I say goodnight to Chris and Nate. As I get into my car, I check my phone. One text. From Mia. Before I can reply, I get a call, from a blocked number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Alex. You won't be able to track this number, but try if you like. I have to say, that I'm a bit disappointed in you. I would have thought that, by now, you would have caught up to me by now."

My whole body freezes. The voice has changed. I have no clue who it is. But I do know it's the basturd who is still from us.

"I'm thankful, really. I've made a good deal of money off of your shipments. Seems your father has the right idea. People do pay another of money for the illegal guns, stolen diamonds. Or maybe it's the stolen cars. The cars that are hotter than..... your new girlfriend."

All the air in my lungs are sucked out.

"She is a beautiful girl, isn't she? Black long hair. Big blue eyes. Pink cheeks. Soft lips. I bet she tastes as sweet as she looks."

I put the car in drive. "Say the fuck away from her!"

"That's kinda hard for me to do at the moment. She's just so damn lovely when she is sleeping. I think she's dreaming of you."

I almost lose control. "I'll fucking kill you! If you touch one hair on her head...."

"By the time you get here, I'll have touched more than just her hair."

I can't breathe.

"She is a hot little thing, isn't she? Let's see if I can make her hotter. You better hurry up, lover boy. She might just go up in flames."

He hangs up. I throw my phone into the seat next to me. I press down on the gas.

Mia
****
Lex touches my legs. My ankles.
Then my wrist. Something is keeping my hands from reaching out to him. I pull against what is holding me down. I want to touch him.
I pull harder.
But then he puts something over my mouth and it's not his lips. My eyes open. At first, I see nothing.
Just darkness.
The a person.
Dressed in black. A mask covers his face. Black gloves cover his hands. This is not Lex.
I try to scream. My mouth is tapped.
I try to sit up, I'm tied to my bed.
Fear flashes through me like lighting.
He's not alone.
Two other men, dressed in black from head to toe, enter my bedroom. They each have something in their hands. They begin to splash gas around my room.
I try to scream. Pointless.
I try to fight against the ropes. Pointless.
All I can think to do is pray.
But I'm too angry to pray! I knew that someone had been watching me. I knew that something wasn't right. And here I am.
How had I not woken up when they tied me down?
How had they gotten in my house period?!
What do I do?
Pray.

"You made a mistake, little one. You should have listened to him when he told you to stay away."

I don't know this man's voice. But somehow he knew that Lex had warned me to keep my distance. Who was he?!
My train of thought is cut short, when he strikes a match. Holding it between his fingers, he leaves my room. I hear the sound of the flames ignite. The front door slams shut. I scream again.
No use. I'm going to die.
These are my last minutes.
I start to cry.
And as I close my eyes, all I see is him.

Lex
****
Hold on, Mia.
It's the only thought I've had seen I left the warehouse.
Five more minutes.
I.... I have no words.... No thoughts.
Three more minutes.
Get there!
I see light in the dark street.
No!
I take out a mail box as I pull down her street.
God! No!
The house is in flames. I throw the car in park. I jump out, not bothering to shut my door, and I run. My legs move faster than ever. The flames are so hot, I feel the heat before I even get to the front door. I can't get in from here. I fly around the side of the house, screaming for help. I had been afraid to call 911 because I didn't know what he might do to her if the cops got here before I did. For Mia's safety, I didn't care if I went to jail or not, but I didn't want him to get pissed and put a bullet in her head because I had called the cops.
Now I wish I had called. A neighbor comes out and I scream for them to call for help. I come up to her window, I don't even think before I punch the window out. I have too much adrenaline pumping through me to feel the flames touch my skin. I don't feel the really pain, just the stinging. I lift myself up into the window. I cover my mouth. But even still I can't stop myself from coughing. I have to force my eyes open.
I only see flames.
Smoke.
And then....
She lays, tied down, on her bed.
Her eyes closed.
Her mouth taped.
A pair of red lips have been drawn over the tape.
I'm not sure if I'm dreaming that she there or not.
I'm still not sure as I begin to untie her feet and hands.
A blast, from something, leaves me shell shocked.
I lift her up in my arms. I can't cover my mouth. My lungs burn from smoke. I blink away the water in my eyes. Get her out!!
I try to ease her out the window.
She still lands with a thud.
I pull my body out, I land beside her.
I drag her away.
She isn't moving.
She isn't breathing.
I blow air into her. She doesn't move.
I feel for a her heart beat. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
I push down on her chest. Nothing. I continue to push on her. I feel like she is going to cave in under my hands.
I breathe into her again. Once more.
I'm winded.
I have no more strength.
I keep going.

"Come on, baby! Breathe!"

Lights show up. Blue lights. Red lights. People yelling. I don't stop. I will never stop. Not until she breathes!
Someone tries to pull me away from her. I push them away. More hands grab me. They take me from her. And I don't have anymore in me to fight them but I still try.

(So, I don't normally like to split it between them so much in one chapter but I wanted to show what each of them was feeling. What was going on with both of them. Hope that's okay. And thank you guys for the encouragement. Votes and comments really do keep me going. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week. Thanks for reading.)