[13]

AN:// Hello everyone!! Welcome to a new CHAPTER! Thanks for reading my story ya'll. It means the world!! Okay... enough chit chat! What do you think will go down in this chapter? Duh nun nun I have no idea! Muhaha just kidding... okay on with it!

Enjoy xoxo

****

[13] Connecting

Bella's POV

****

I couldn't sit straight as I was too nervous so we ended up walking the beach together talking. Nobody was around to hear our conversation which I was thankful for. Not that anyone would be able to hear us anyways as we were both inhuman and could speak quiet so no one else could hear.

I didn't want to come right out and say my news so we both talked about our history first. We stayed out talking for hours! He told me how he became a vampire, his lifestyle and other cool information about the vampire world that I didn't already know about. Apparently Vampires had a ruler similar to the ocean Edward explained. They are called the Volturi. The Volturi are the closest thing to royalty in the vamp world and they live in Volterra Italy. Carlisle had apparently lived there for a while until he left and started his own coven.

I was surprised! From the stories Edward told me about the Volturi, they don't seem very... pleasant. Why would Carlisle go and live with them? Carlisle seems so sweet... perhaps he was lonely and afterwards realized what horrible people they were and left? Regardless I was glad Carlisle had left as he met Edward and we wouldn't be here now if he didn't.

It was fascinating to learn more about his family! The Cullen's were very different from normal vampires. Edward joked that they were vegetarian vampires as they only drink the blood of animals. It explained why he and his entire family had golden eyes!

It made me feel better that they didn't harm people. That would have been an awkward situation... What if Edward and his family were like real vampires and fed off of humans? Would I be okay with that? I sort of came to terms with the fact that Edward was a vampire and my mate but I completely forgot about the fact that they survive off of blood. How stupid could I be?

Edward briefly introduced his family. Carlisle was the leader, and his father. He was mated to Esme, his wife whom I met when meeting his family. The rest I sort of knew already from school which were Emmett and his mate Rosalie and Alice and her mate Jasper.

I realized now that Vampires and Mermaids were similar in many ways, one of them being the ability to have 'gifts'. Alice had the ability to see into the future. 

Her mate Jasper was also gifted. He had the ability to sense and change emotions. Which was similar to my own gift, in a sense? An empath and a healer? Those were kind of in the same field? I wonder if he would be able to feel my healing power when I healed something?

Last but not least was Edward. He had the ability to read minds. Although he couldn't read my mind.

"Maybe it's all mermaids?" I suggested. I didn't understand why he couldn't read my mind. Was something wrong with me? He shook his head. "That wouldn't be it. I heard the mermaid we encountered." He explained. Ah! I forgot about that.

I shrugged. I guess it's a mystery why my mind is silent to him. I didn't complain though as I didn't want him to read my mind. My thoughts were private and often all over the place.

She looks just like the queen! I remember the mermaid saying. She said it and I completely glossed over it. The truth was right there! Why didn't I see it? I felt so stupid. "Edward?" He turned towards me as I called his name. "Do you remember the conversation we had with the mermaid we encountered?"