Morning with Adam

I picked up my phone and went upstairs.

The police had taken Mason to the hospital. Alesa went, but Adam stayed behind. He was going to take me to work and then go to the hospital after his day was over. I couldn't possibly imagine what they were going through right now. It made everything in my body hurt. I didn't know how to feel about this either. Was the man or woman going to come take a different child. Adam had no luck finding him last night.

I finally got up stairs and saw Adam's bedroom door. It was wide open. Never shut. I knocked on the door even though it was pulled open against the wall. He turned.

"Hey" I wandered the room with curiosity.

"Hey. You wanna head to work."

My eyes finally laid on Adam. He looked exhausted. His eyes were pink and his face was puffy with a tint of pink. He had been wearing the same clothes for over 3 days now. He had begun to smell.

"Adam-" I welcomed myself into the room. I sat down on the bed and motioned for him to sit down beside me.

"Y/N? Can we just leave?" I shook my head no.

"Adam, I care about you, deeply. I don't care for many in this way. Please let me help you. You haven't been taking care of yourself. If Alesa were here I would tell her the same thing." As I talked I looked him in the eyes. Even if he turned away every now and then.

"What do you mean?"

"Look at you." I gestured my hand up and down his body. "You smell. You look like you haven't sleep in days. You have been wearing the same clothes for 3 da-"

"Can you blame me?! My one and only son was recently taking from me. If it happened to you, would YOU 'take care of yourself''?"

"Of course. I would hurt, I know that. If Troy or Jason, or even heck, both of my boys were taken from me, I would take care of myself. Want to know why? When they got back, I would want them to see their mother. I would want them to see a mother that they are proud of. I wouldn't want them to see a disaster."

He looked down at his palms. And began to fidget with his fingers. Intertwining them then
Untwinging them.

***Time Skip***

Adam was in the shower, in this time. I had made 4 phone calls to Ross. I missed him a lot. This was the most that we were ever apart. I also called my mom. I hadn't spoken to her in a long time. It was the first in a while actually...

"Mom?"

"Sweetie? Why are you calling me, weren't you mad at me?"

"Yes, but I thought you'd want to know how your grand-kids were."

"Oh! You have children?"

"The day you came... I was pregnant, I was going to tell you, but you ran off with Ross and screamed at him for kissing my neck."

"I'm sorry, but that isn't how a woman should be handled. And he is just bad news! When were you going to tell Max about this?!"

"What?"

"I mean! You had to be pregnant by Max."

"How would you-?!"

"Because I know when you and Max broke up. And when you and Ross got together."

"I-"