Chapter 38

Louis' POV:

It's been five minutes since I've talked to Ariel, and now I was walking into my front door, my mood saddening as I remembered Ariel's expression. She looked so heartbroken and fragile, but at the same time she still tried to be defiant and strong.

Her eyes were still red from crying and I could tell that she hadn't left her house in days. Knowing that I was the one that made her like that makes me feel even worse than I have before.

I look out the kitchen window, seeing a vehicle in front of Ariel's house. My eyebrows raised confused, not knowing who it was. Maybe I should go over there just to check on her.

But I stop my body from moving when her face flashes in my mind. She doesn't want me there. She doesn't want me to comfort her or even be around her anymore. Why would she want me to show up to her house just because there was a vehicle parked in front of it?

I shrugged, about to walk up to my room when something finally clicked in my brain. I froze where I was, my eyes widening as it felt like the whole world was falling in on me.

That car...

My mind began to swirl as I whipped my head over towards Ariel's house again, my fear being confirmed as I recognized it as Brendon's car.

That was the same car that he had when I saved Ariel from him the first time. But now he's back and he's already inside. He's inside.

Alone with Ariel...

MY Ariel.

Anger swept through me and I ran out my front door, sprinting across the lawn to her door. Please, please don't let me be too late. Please.

When I reached the door, I slung it open, my eyes widening at the sight before me and I couldn't help but scream out.

"ARIEL!!"

Ariel's POV: (back to when Brendon first came)

Tears stung my eyes as Brendon trapped me underneath him, his devilish smirk making me feel sick to my stomach. His eyes began to roam up and down my body, glistening with lust.

"You've gotten hotter since the last time I played with you. I can't wait to explore you again." he growls darkly and I struggle against him, trying to break free of his grasp.

He just laughs at me, watching in amusement as I fail to even budge him off of me. "It's useless Ariel, you can't break free of me." he says, bringing his lips down to my ear and I feel myself shivering in fear.

When I feel his tongue across my jaw I gasp, my mind running wild with thoughts of how I could possibly escape my fate. Though, it was highly unlikely, knowing Brendon's cruel ways. And I had no one to save me.

He held both of my hands in one of his, putting them above my head and I tried to glare up at him, but it didn't faze him. His free hand began to feel around my body, making me whimper. "Please, stop." I beg him and he just laughs, throwing his head back in cruel laughter.

In an act to try to free myself, I brought my knee up, hitting him directly in the balls and he groans, releasing me as he clutched himself in pain. I shimmied from underneath him, stumbling off of the couch and away from him.

"You shouldn't have done that." he says darkly, the menacing tone in his voice making me freeze, slowly turning around to see his murderous gaze set on me, his eyes narrowed into slits. My body began to shake in fear and I felt myself backing up as he stood up from the couch.

When my back hit the wall, I let out a gasp, knowing that I had no where to go. My eyes darted from side to side, seeing if there was any way possible that I could slip by Brendon without him catching me.