Chapter 32

Ariel's POV:

I walked out of the bathroom, my makeup no longer smudged under my eyes. Come on, Ariel. Pick yourself up!! You have to act like you don't care, remember?? I scolded myself mentally, sighing before walking back towards the classroom.

I noticed Kristi talking to Louis and I felt a pang of hurt hit me. She was still going to be friends with him, I knew she was, but he destroyed me. I have to deal with that fact now. But I wasn't going to make her give up a friendship for my sake, even if I did hate him now.

You don't hate him... I shook my mind, clearing away that thought as I saw Kristi catch my gaze, a guilty look coming onto her face as I saw Louis turn to meet my gaze. Seeing him, standing there, looking as if he were just fine, made my heart hurt.

I turned away from them and walked away, listening as Kristi called my name, but I ignored her. I'd talk to her alone, when we are in class. I didn't want to talk to her when she was with Louis, it wouldn't end up well for any of us and I knew that.

As I was walking to class, I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I stopped, narrowing my eyes and turning around. "What?" I snapped and I saw Harry looking at me startled. What I did notice about him was that his left eye was bruised. Did Louis do that to him? Wait, why is he talking to me??

"What is it, Harry?" I ask wearily and he sighs. "Look, about yesterday-" he starts but I hold a hand up, cutting him off. "Don't say a word about it Harry. Actually, I should be thanking you. You showed me how I was being played, so thanks for getting me crushed before I was even deeper than I already was." I said emotionlessly and he gives me a shocked look.

"No, Ariel you need to listen. I wanted to tell you that Louis wasn't actually playing you." he says and I narrow my eyes. "He admitted it himself, Harry!! What more proof do you need?" I hiss and he shakes his head.

"Listen to me right now Ariel. He did originally plan to do that, but he called it off!! He said he loved you!" he says hastily and for a moment I pause, thinking about what he said, but the more I thought about it, I found myself getting angrier.

"Please don't tell me any more lies Harry! I've had enough of them!" I yell, tears beginning to gather in my eyes and he looks at me shocked. "Ariel, I thought that you were the one playing him! I told you that because I thought I was protecting my friend from getting hurt! But obviously I did the exact opposite, and I feel like crap for doing it!" he says desperately at me, his green eyes pleading for me to listen to him, but I couldn't bring myself to believe him.

"I'm sorry Harry, I just don't know what to believe now." I say, turning away from him and running down the hallway. I needed to get away from everyone, and being in school wasn't helping me at all.

I got into the classroom, taking deep breaths as I went to my seat and sat down, just as the first bell rang. I laid my head on my desk as I heard more people walk in, ignoring the whispers that were being said about me. I knew that people saw how Louis and I weren't together now, so they were definitely going to be talking about it.

"Hey, Ari." Kristi says delicately and I lift my head up, smiling at her forcefully and she sits down beside me, a sad smile on her face. "I'm sorry for talking to Louis..." she trails off and I shake my head.

"No, I'm not going to interfere with a friendship just because of something that happened to me." I say and she gives me a slight hug, making me giggle. "Would you believe me if I said that the bet was a lie?" she says and I roll my eyes.

"Not you too." I groan and she gives me a confused look. "Harry came up to me and was telling me all this crap about how Louis called off the bet and that Harry only told me to protect Louis...but I can't believe that." I say, summarizing the talk Harry and I had minutes ago.