Chapter 17

Hey loves!! :D so this chapter is a bit of a filler, nothing really big, but there are a few details in here that you should pay attention to!! :D alright, my new requirement for my next update is at the end! love you guys!

Ariel’s POV:

I was so nervous as I got ready for school on Monday. I don’t know why, maybe because Louis was going to act like we were a couple or something. That boy was unpredictable. I let out a sigh as I put on light blue skinny jeans with a white shirt and my blue scarf. I left my hair down naturally, letting the wavy curls fall down my back.

I applied my usual makeup and slipped on my Vans before heading downstairs and grabbing an apple. “Ariel!!” my mom’s excited voice came from behind me and I turned around to be squeezed in a bear hug.

I laughed and hugged her back, smiling at her. “Hi mom!” I say happily and she grins. “Oh I’m so glad I got to see you before I work!!” she gushes and I smile. “Me too!” I say and she gives me a smile. “I have good news.” She says and I look at her curiously. “What?” I ask excitedly and she giggles.

“My work hours are finally finalized! There will be no more unexpected calls or anything!” she cheers and I laugh. That actually was good news. That means I knew when I could be with my mom or not. “So what’s your times?” I ask and she sighs. “Weekdays are night shifts and weekends are morning shifts. Nothing too bad.” She says and I nod.

That could work. “That’s great!” I say and she smiles softly at me. “Yes, I just won’t see you much during the week.” She says sadly and I squeeze her arm gently. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine.” I say reassuringly and she smiles happily.

I look down at my phone and sigh. “I have to go mom, I’ll see you later!” I say and kiss her cheek before running out the door. “Love you!” she calls and I quickly say it back before I start going down the road.

As I’m walking, my mind starts to wander off and I jumped in surprise as two strong arms wrapped around me and spun me around. I let out a squeal and turned around to face the stranger. “Louis!” I say lightly and slap his arm playfully.

He smiles down at me and chuckles at my expression. “What’s the matter babe?” he teases and I pout. “I hate it when you scare me like that.” I mumble and he kisses my cheek. “Aww, I’m sorry babe.” He coos and I blush. Danggit why am I blushing???

I just nod and start walking off until a hand slips in mine, bringing me closer to him. “What are you doing?” I ask shyly and he grins. “Well, I like the way your hand feels in mine.” He says simply and I try to fight my blush but it doesn’t work. “You just like touching me.” I grumble and he laughs. “Maybe.” He whispers in my ear and I shoot him a playful glare.

He winks at me and starts swinging our arms back and forth, causing me to laugh. “What are we going to tell people?” I ask out loud and he smirks down at me. “What, are you embarrassed to be seen by me? That hurts.” He says mockingly and holds his free hand over his heart. I just roll my eyes and laugh at him.

“No, I’ve just never…showed emotion towards someone.” I say and immediately look down, cursing myself for admitting that to him. I could basically feel his smile as he looked down at me and I sighed. “Shut up.” I mutter and he chuckles. “I wasn’t talking.” He retorts and I frown up at him.