Chapter 31

Ariel's POV:

I walked out of my house and onto the street, beginning to walk the way to school. Force of habit made me pause by Louis' house, almost like I was going to wait for him to walk out his front door and walk me to school, holding my hand and smiling down at me.

I shook my head, clearing my mind of the thoughts and pressed forward, briskly walking past his house and down the sidewalk to school.

"Ariel? Ariel wait!" Louis' voice made my eyes widen, but I ignored him, picking up my pace to walk faster down the sidewalk so that I could ignore him. If I even looked at him, I'd probably start crying. I need to build up a bigger wall before I can face him.

A thought occurred to me and I smiled to myself sadly about how I could pull it off. When I met Louis, I was angry and hateful to every single guy, but ever since then I haven't been. I'll just go back to my old façade, use that instead of showing pain. That's what I'll do. That'll have to work.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I closed my eyes, letting myself become angry before turning around and slapping his hand away, my eyes narrowed as I stared at his shocked face. Guess he was thinking I was going to be submissive to him. Hah. He can screw himself if he thinks that.

"Don't touch me." I hiss and Louis' eyes widen at my hostility. I turn on my heel and storm away from him, taking his shock as an opportunity to walk away. The old anger and hatred I had for men has now come back, and I'm not forcing it to come into play. It's happening like that.

I should've known...I should've known that men are all the same. In the end, all they want is one thing from you, or to use you for a sick game. They don't really care for you...they never have and they never will. I've been rejected by men all my life, even my own father disowned me. And that's why I hate men. Because in the end, the only thing they do is stab you in the back.

I looked up towards the school gates that I was approaching and I felt determination light up in my eyes. This was the way I hid my pain. This is the way I hid away everything. Not by crying, not by laughing it off. I was angry. And I was okay with that. I'm not supposed to cry, I'm supposed to be strong.

And that's exactly how I'm going to be today. No one is going to say a word about Louis and I, and if they do, I'll make them wish they didn't.

Louis' POV:

I stared in shock as Ariel walked away from me in anger. I haven't seen her angry ever since we started dating, really. She wasn't even that mean to Harry and the other boys anymore...but now...she held so much hatred, so much anger in her voice when she spoke to me. And it hurt.

After I stared where she was once standing for another few minutes, I finally shook my head, coming out of my shock and began to jog to the school.

I think that my betrayal to Ariel sparked a new hatred for men inside of her, I knew it did. It was all my fault, too. I should've never made that stupid bet and just gotten to know her by myself, without placing a bet on her. But then again, Harry shouldn't have ever told her that. It was over with...or so I thought. But he ruined the one good thing in my life.

When I got to the school, I looked around, desperately trying to find Ariel. I had to talk to her and explain everything. That was the only way that I may be able to get her back. And I HAD to get her back.

After my futile efforts of trying to find her in the front yard of the school, I made my way inside the building, looking left and right until I spotted Kristi standing across the hall by herself, but she seemed to be mad about something. Of course she's mad, Ariel probably told her what happened.

I started walking over towards her, and as soon as Kristi's eyes landed on me, her gaze hardened and she stomped over to me, her gaze getting angrier with every step she took. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING??" she screams, making me wince as some people turned their heads to see her yelling at me.

"Kristi, it's not what you think." I say hushed and she scoffs, rolling her eyes at me. "Then explain to me why Ariel comes in here, alone, telling me about how you betrayed her because of a BET you took, and then saying she had to go to the bathroom for a moment. She had tears in her eyes, you bastard! You made her cry!" she seethes, poking me in the chest accusingly and I frowned at her.

"I called off the stupid bet a long time ago! Harry wouldn't let it go and he's the one who told her! I tried to get him not to but he wouldn't have it. I called it off because I didn't want the bet anymore, I really loved her Kristi. And now she's not mine anymore. I've lost her." I whisper the end and Kristi's eyes soften a little.

"What do you mean?" she asks me and I sigh. "It was true that in the beginning it was a bet, but after that, I started to like her, for real. It didn't become a bet anymore, I was truly in love with her. I had told her that too, and she had told me that she loved me as well. I had called off the bet with Harry, and yesterday he told her that I was still playing her, even though I wasn't. I haven't been for a long time." I tell her and her eyes widen slightly.

"I knew I hated him for a reason." she grumbles and I shake my head. "He thought she was playing me. He thought that she was doing this for show, pretending she loved me, and he wanted to protect me from getting broken like all the other guys. But I tried to tell him it was real, he just wouldn't listen." I say and she nods her head.

"So really, he tried to protect you but ended up ruining everything in the process?" she says and I nod my head slowly. "I guess you could say that." I mutter and she shakes her head.

"Ariel's angry. More than angry Louis, she's pissed. You've really done it. She won't show any of her emotions to us, she just shows anger. Nothing else. Today's not going to be pretty, I can tell you that right now." she warns and I nod my head.

"Please...just please help me get her back. I...I need her." I say and she nods her head. "I'll do what I can, now that I know the truth. But it's not going to be easy Louis. She feels betrayed." she says to me and I nod my head.

"I know that. But at this point, I don't care what I have to do. I just want her back."

How are you liking it?? do you think it's all going to be okay? tee hee, I hope you don't hate me for doing this, but it was a major plot twist that had to happen. so please continue to VOTE and COMMENT!!! love you all xx