Chapter 30

Ariel's POV:

I was still sitting on my bed, crying my eyes out while my window was shut beside me. My heart ached as I thought of who was on the other side of that curtain. But then again, I didn't want to know who it was. Because who I knew was a lie.

I thought he was the boy I trusted, the boy that proved me wrong, the boy that taught me to love again, and the boy who loved me.

But I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. About him, about life, about EVERYTHING. I tried to wipe the tears away from my eyes but they just kept coming. It was like I couldn't stop crying, no matter how hard I tried not to. "You ruined me." I whisper, thinking of Louis as I continued to cry.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that my door was opened until I heard a gasp from my mother. "Honey! Baby what's wrong?" she asks shocked, rushing over to me and putting her arms around me in a hug. I cried into her arms, clinging to her for dear life.

"We were wrong about him, mom. We really were." I cry and she gives me a startled look. "What?" she asks surprised and I give her a broken look.

"Louis. He....he betrayed me." I said and anger forms in her eyes. "What did he do?" she growls and I spill everything to her. From the bet, to him trying to hide it, to him telling me he loves me and me telling him I loved him. I told her EVERYTHING.

After I was done, she had tears in her eyes and she gave me a big hug. "Oh baby, I'm so, so so sorry. You didn't deserve that." she whispers, a certain edge to her voice, almost like she was curious about something, but I was too tired and too emotional to worry about that right now.

"I don't know why he would do that. He told me he wasn't playing any games with me anymore, but then he goes...and...and he does this!!" I cry out and she releases a sigh, holding me by the shoulders and looking me in the eyes.

"Don't let him win." she says forcefully and I give her a teary-eyed look. "What?" I ask confused and she gives me a disturbing smile. What's going on in that mind of hers?

"Don't let him think he won this. Make him regret doing this to you. Make it seem like you aren't affected by this." she says and I shake my head. "How can I do that?" I ask her and she smiles at me.

"It starts with putting up a strong face at school, then making that devil pay for what he did to you. Get payback Ariel. You can do it." she encourages me and I sniffle, thinking over what she was saying to me. It makes sense...I don't want to give him the pleasure of seeing me hurt and broken. Maybe I can make him hurt if he sees me smiling and laughing like nothing was wrong.

"What do you suggest I do momma?" I ask her, trying to dry my eyes with the back of my hands and she smiles at me softly. "Exactly what I just said. Make it seem like what he did didn't bother you." she says and I frown slightly.

"But he's already seen me crying and tried talking to me." I say and she frowns back at me. "Did you talk to him?" she asks and I shake my head. "No, I didn't want to." I say and she nods to me in understanding.

"Even so, tomorrow, you need to be strong. I'm sure Kristi will be by your side too." she says to me and I nod my head with a small smile I managed to muster up. My mother kisses my forehead gently before getting up and going to my door.

"I'm going to leave you alone now to gather your thoughts, but if you need me, I'll be downstairs." she says and I nod my head to her. She closes my door behind her, leaving me alone in my room. Tears began to come to my eyes again and I tried my hardest to fight them away, but still, a few tears slipped from my eyes and fell into my lap.