Chapter 29

Absolutely loved the response to last chapter, means a lot to have you guys comment!! :D so here's the long awaited chapter ;) x

Louis' POV:

I watched in sadness as Ariel ran out the doors, tears falling down her face as she disappeared from my sight. No. My eyes stared after her, hoping, PRAYING that she would come back. But she didn't...and I was now alone...with Harry.

Harry.

My sadness turned to rage as I turned to him, my fists clenching by my sides as I saw him staring at the doors where Ariel just left in shock. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR HARRY?!" I bellow and he jumps, startled by my voice.

"I was doing it for your own sake! But I will say, that was pretty convincing the way she left. I've never seen her cry, even when she would date other boys, she never cried." he muses and I feel myself trembling in rage. "That's because she's not faking you bloody idiot!" I yell, towering over him now as he cowered away from me.

"Whoa, whoa, Louis, calm down. Why are you so mad?" he asks me confused and I roll my eyes at his obliviousness. "I LOVED HER HARRY!! AND SHE LOVED ME TOO!" I scream and his eyes bulge, his mouth dropping open in shock.

"What?" he asks and I glare at him. "You heard me. I loved her and she loved me. She told me that too. Did she ever tell you that whenever you dated?" I snapped at him and he shook his head. "She's never told anyone she loves them." he murmurs and I ran a hand through my hair.

"Well now because of your confession she probably hates me now!" I snap at him and he shrugs. "At least you don't have to deal with her anymore." he says and that blows it for me.

Within a second I am on top of him, and I punched him right in the cheek. "You bastard!! You have no idea how much I care about her! So how about you stop ruining other people's lives and get your own!" I yell, bringing my fist up again and punching him for a second time.

Memories from my past began to surface in my mind and my eyes widened, stumbling off of Harry and looking at him as he groaned, holding his face with his hands as he stared at me. "I thought I was helping you." he says weakly and I scoff. "Obviously not, you've just ruined the best thing that's ever happened to me." I spit at him, and he looks down.

My attention turns towards the door and I gulp, an empty feeling coming over me. I had to go to her, I have to explain everything to her. "I don't care what you say anymore, because I'm going to Ariel. And I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that she understands, so that you didn't permanently screw everything up." I growl at him before turning to him threateningly, a glare on my face.

"Because if you did, Styles, I will make you regret the day you made me take that bet." I snap at him and his eyes widen slightly before I run out the door. My mind was buzzing with what happened in the past 20 minutes and with every step I took, dread began to fill me.

She hates me. I know she does. She has every right to, but she doesn't understand. She doesn't know that I called it off a long time ago, and that Harry did that because he thought that she was the one playing me. And that's what I'll have to explain to her or else I'll lose the only true love I've ever had in my life.

I approached our houses, pausing to catch my breath after running all the way back, looking to Ariel's house. I went to her door, about to knock on it when I heard some noise from inside. I gently pressed my ear to the door, my heart sinking as I heard heart-wrenching sobs from inside, obviously from Ariel.

Tears began to brim my eyes as I listened to her, but I shook my head, trying to rid the tears in my eyes as I knocked on her door.

Almost instantly, the sobbing ceased and it was followed by a long silence. The silence grew longer and I gulped, hoping that she would listen to me when I tried talking to her.

"Ariel...it's me, Louis." I say, my voice wobbly as I spoke. I was still met with silence, and I sighed, knowing that she probably doesn't want to talk to me. "Listen, Ariel, I can explain everything." I say and this time I hear a small sob from the other side of the door.

"Go away Louis." she whispers, her voice seeming small and fragile. "No, I can't leave right now. I have to explain this to you!" I say and I hear shuffling, so she's probably moving around inside.

"You don't have to explain anything. I get it. You used me so you could win your stupid bet. This entire time, I was just a game to you. I got it." she says broken and my heart seems to break at her words. "No, Ariel no." I say, a tear falling down my face as I tried to reason with her, but it was hard as I couldn't even see her.

"Just go away Louis!! I don't want to see you again!!" she screams, her voice meaning to be threatening but it was full of pain, she was obviously still crying as she tried to get rid of me. "Ariel, please, I just want you to understand. I...I don't want to lose you." I say, my voice cracking at the end and she sniffles from inside, trying to figure out what to say.

"If you didn't want to lose me, you would've never played that game with me. Now go away, I'm done with you Louis." she says and my shoulders slump at her words. "But-" I try but she interrupts me with a harsh answer.

"GET AWAY LOUIS!" she screams and I take a step back, listening as I hear her footsteps run away from the door. I try jiggling the handle, but it was locked, so I couldn't get in. Reality started to set in on me and I numbly walked away from the door, going to my house and walking inside, sauntering past my mom who gave me a questioning look, but didn't ask any questions.

I walked straight up to my room, slamming the door behind me as I walked to the window, looking out to see Ariel's room. She was sitting on her bed, crying into her hands. "Ariel." I call and instantly her head shoots up, her red eyes making my heart clench. She jumps off her bed and slams her window shut, giving me a glare before pulling her curtains closed, blocking herself off from me.

My head droops down and I close my window, slumping on my bed as my tears finally begin to fall. I've lost her. I've lost the only girl that I've ever cared about, all because Harry had to tell her. She was gone from me, wouldn't even talk to me or let me explain.

"I'm sorry Ariel. I'm so, so sorry." I whisper, crying into my hands as the realization hits me like a train, making me understand that I may never get her back. My mind was swarming, making me get a headache that I didn't really want to deal with anytime soon. Glancing over to my bedside table, I spot the picture of Ariel and I after the fight, someone had caught a picture of her jumping in my arms and giving me a big hug, while I was smiling back at her.

Picking the picture up, tears welled in my eyes as I saw how happy she was. Actually, how happy I was. "I can't live without her." I murmur, holding the picture in my arms. I had to get her back, but I had no idea how to. And with the way things are going right now...

I'll never get her back.