Chapter 14

Louis’ POV:

I looked up as her mom stomped over towards us, an angry expression on her face. Well, it didn’t look very good I suppose. I was over, Ariel was curled up in a ball with tears falling down her face. Not a very innocent looking picture. “What did you do?” she asks me and I open my mouth to say something but Ariel looks at her mom and talks for me. “He was back Momma, he came back.” She cried and her mom’s eyes widened. “That son of a-” she starts but stops herself and turns to me. “What happened? Tell me now.” She ordered and I nodded my head.

“I was by my house and I heard Ariel scream so I went over to her and this guy was trying to take her but I kinda beat him up and he went away.” I say quickly and she nods her head. “Thank you for beating that…jerk.” She mumbles before she kneeled beside Ariel and took her from my lap into her arms. “Shh, baby it’s alright.” She whispered and she gave me a look. “What else happened?” she quizzed and I sighed. How do moms know this stuff? “She had a flashback I think, she just started crying, shaking and screaming uncontrollably.” I say and her eyes widen. “I thought that-never mind. Louis, thank you for helping her, but can you leave? I need to talk to her. I would appreciate it though if you would walk her to school just for a couple days, just in case.” She says and I nod, standing up and walking towards the door.

“Louis?” the sound of Ariel’s voice made me swing my head around, looking at her crumpled body. “Yes?” I ask tenderly and she gives me a wary smile. “Thank you.” She mumbles and I smile happily. “Anytime love.” I say and leave.

I go into my house to be greeted by a hug from my own mother. “Louis!!” she gushed and I smiled. “Mom, when did you get back?” I ask and she gives me a huge smile. “I’m done! I’m officially done Louis! I never have to leave again!” she says happily and I grin, picking her up and twirling her around. “Mum, that’s amazing!” I cheer and she nods. “Tonight do you want to go somewhere to eat?” she asks and I nod. “That would be lovely.” I say and she smiles up at me. I haven’t seen my mum in a long time, she always had to leave for a ‘job’. But I really knew what it meant.

She would be beaten for my dad. They divorced a while ago but he always had this possessive hold over us, so to make him give me up to my mom she had to go to him every month. It was cruel and I hated it, but mom did it happily. She said anything was worth having us with her and saving us from my dad’s cruelty. “Wait, so you are completely free?” I ask her and she nods. “That was the last time.” She reassures and I feel so happy. My mom doesn’t have to endure any more pain ever again. “Shall we go then?” I ask her, offering my hand to her. She smiles at me and nods, linking her arm with mine. I finally have my mom back, but this time I plan to keep her with me.

Ariel’s POV:

When Louis left my mom gave me a sad look. “Babe what did Brendon do this time?” she asks and I sniffled, trying to recover from the flashback. “He tried to kidnap me, take me back to that horrid place I’m sure. Even after Louis beat him, he told me he’d come back. He won’t stop! I thought when he left three years ago the torture would stop but now he’s back and I have a feeling he won’t stop!” I cried and cried into her arms, the tears streaming down my face.

“That won’t happen again. I couldn’t control it the first time it happened but now I can. I won’t let him take my baby away from me again.” She coos in my ear and I sniffle. “Plus, it seems like you have your own protector with you now.” She says and I give her a confused look. “Who?” I ask cluelessly and she chuckles. “Louis? It seems to me like that boy is protective of you.” She says with a smile and I look down. “He was just being kind.” I mutter and she chuckles. “Babe, he likes you. And that’s a good thing. I need someone to protect my baby girl.” She says sweetly and I smile.