Paintings and Conversations

Thalia's POV

As it turned out with Lydia and Alistair's death everyone seemed to remember what happened but the consensus was that what happened wasn't because they wanted it to happen.

There had been a certain manipulation to it all. Once they began to agree (even if it was a small amount) with her point of view their minds were violated and their emotions were able to be controlled. Lydia, Marc, and Alistair were able to control fear, pain and suffering, along with chaos. They could pull strings to gain support.

There was a massive sense of guilt amongst everyone especially once they learned what had happened to our rebel group. Needless to say there was a lot of grief and tears but the overall emotion was relief.

What was the most annoying to me was that everyone felt the need to apologize and swarm Frank and Reyna when it was clear they just wanted to be left alone. But Reyna was good about putting a smile on her face.

Those who were injured such as Hylla were taken into medical care. So in a way everything was fine. Jason was trying to set up arrangements to bring the refugees back from camp half blood as their families were being impatient and anxious.

"Alright listen up. It's late and a lot of crazy things have happened. I am aware that some of your homes are not functional. Please, if you have good living quarters house your neighbors and relatives for the time being. I'll make plans to repair what's been damaged as quickly as possible but Frank and I are going to need you to be patient with us." Reyna was doing her best to hide the fact that she really just wanted to run and go home but as usual important things needed to be attended to first.

Slowly, too slowly for my liking everyone began to disperse. The night sky is we abuzz with conversation. Reyna sighed, she and Frank couldn't have looked more relieved as everyone left.

"Come on let's go home," I insisted.

"I'll be there in a second there's a few last things I have to do." Reyna gave me an apologetic look. Nodding though a bit unhappy, not for my sake but for hers, I made my way home. To me she'd done enough to get a break for a very very long time. She'd just come back from the dead after all, why did she need to work?

I heard the sound of metal paws padding the ground and watched as Aurum, Argentum, and Aes raced by playing with one another. At least they seemed happier.

It was more than a relief to see home. Everything was as it should have been, how it was left all those days ago. Walking inside I flicked on the lights and headed upstairs.

Even the scent of the house was comforting. It was like when you smelled something that reminded you of when you were a kid. You couldn't quite describe it but it comforted you. Like a child who had a blanket for years, a scent similar to it would remind them of the comfort it had brought.

One of my favorite features of the house was a small balcony that stretched out from its side. It wasn't big but on occasion I liked to just stand outside and look at the stars or watch the people staying out late at night.

It was the first place I went. The stars were particularly bright tonight and there weren't many people out below. In fact, the small portion of the streets I could see were deserted except for those still walking home.

There was a slight breeze which was nice; the wind was actually a bit warm. Leaning on the railing I peeked over the edge and saw the dogs race by again.

"Hey." I glanced over my shoulder to see Reyna leaning in the doorframe.

"Hey. That was pretty quick. Faster than normal, I joked, looking back out at the sky this time.