Chaos Theory

Reyna's POV

"How do you know our names?" I asked immediately on edge. Frank shifted from foot to foot nervously.

"Relax. I mean no harm. In fact I know why you're here. As I said, I expected your arrival." The man smiled and two dimples formed in his cheeks. His silvery eyes flicked between the two of us somehow staring directly at us but seeming millions of miles away.

"And how did you...expect our arrival?" Frank asked. The man chuckled a warm sounding laugh similar to that of tiny bells ringing.

"Child you have much to learn. I am son of Apollo. I saw this scenario simply last week. Right about now our friend should be here." The man glanced over his shoulder and I followed his gaze surprised to see none other than the glistening silver form of Argentum.

"How-" But I didn't get to finish my sentence as I was tackled by my dog. "Yes its good to see you too. I thought you were at home."

Argentum barked being so excited that the silver dog body on top of me began to shake. A growl sounded to my right and I glanced over to see Aes, butt in the air not in a threatening manner but in a playful one. Argentum immediately ditched me for its sibling who I presumed Argentum hadn't seen in ages.

Frank tugged me to my feet and I thanked him for the assistance. "You said our friend. How long has Argentum been here?"

"A long time. Argentum had been my companion for a few years." The man mused still sitting with crossed legs having not moved an inch. "He was mine before yours and someone's before me."

"That doesn't make sense, I always thought that-" My sentence trailed off. I guess I had always figured that Aurum and Argentum had both been mine.

"You have much to learn. Come." At last the blonde and silver eyed man stood turning towards the house that obviously belonged to him.

Frank shrugged and set off after the man and with a sigh I did as well. Aes and Argentum went sprinting by wrestling and tackling one another. I had to admit it was rather adorable.

The house was styled like a cabin you would expect a family to own as a vacation place to get away from the city. It was well lived in with a warm air about it and a cozy feeling. The table was a glossy oak and the kitchen was small with few appliances.

"Frank you must like tea. I see you're more of a hot chocolate type of person aren't you Reyna?" It was still weird to have someone who knew so much about me without my ever divulging the information. I could tell Frank was a little weirded out by it as well. "I don't know as much as it seems. Just what comes to me."

"Right," Frank nodded, looking slightly scared.

"So can you read our thoughts?" I questioned.

"In a way. The two of you think loudly." He laughed that chime of a laugh once more. "I inherited the stronger traits of my father. I can see things that will happen in the future though they are sometimes vague. I can also see the most likely time lines of how those events will play out. For instance I foresaw your question before you asked it. I also noticed that if I made you tea you'd possibly say you preferred hot chocolate."

"Complicated," Frank mumbled.

"Indeed. By the way my name is Anthony Castillo." The man smiled setting a tea kettle on the small stove. Nodding I turned around observing the living quarters.

There were quite a bit of pictures hanging on the walls. Anthony offered Frank a seat at the table and joined him while they waited for the water to boil. Making my way over to a picture on the wall I noticed a younger version of Anthony smiling and happy with his arm slung around a pretty girl with auburn hair and freckles.