.Epilogue.

Michael's legs were pounding against the airplane's floor. Saying he was anxious was an understatement. He was on his onw on an airplane, flying to America where he would live in a family he did not know. A thousands of questions were running through his mind. What if they were just like his parents? What if he felt like an outcast? What if he did not like it there? What if...? what if...? what if...? He breathed out as the door opened. He was arrived in America, it was only a matter of minutes before he would meet his aunt, his uncle and his cousins. The blue haired boy stood up and exited the airplane. He waited for ages for his luggages and then headed to the arrivals part. His eyes wandered around during a few seconds and then landed on a middle age woman. Her hair was blond and her eyes brown. She was holding a sheet of paper with MICHAEL CLIFFORD written on it. His breath was stuck in his throat as he slowly made his way towards the woman. She looked somehow very similar to his  mother and that caused the teenager's heart to tighten. He tried to shrugged it off and steady his breathing. The woman smiled when she saw Michael walking towards her. She tried to keep her smile wide when she noticed how stressed he was. She wanted him to feel homey.

"Michael, hello, I'm Jane, your aunt."

"Hey!"

"Was your flight good?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Together they left the airport. They had small talks during the journey from the airport to their house but never about his family situation. It was too early and both of them knew that.

3 weeks later.

"Kids dinner's ready!"

Michael and his cousin Jay stopped the video game, not without protesting. Jay was 1 year older than him. They headed downstairs and sat at the table. Katlyn — Jay's sister — soon arrived as well. She was 2 years younger than Michael. She smiled at the boys in front of her and sat as well. His aunt and his uncle brought dinner and they began eating. Everyone was talking and laughing. Michael wasn't talking a lot but he was feeling content. He had never been in a family as loving and welcoming.

He felt his phone buzzing and noticed it was Calum calling him. The brunette and him had talked a lot these past three weeks and both of them were getting to know each other all over again.

"Aunt Jane, I'm sorry but can I take the call?"

"Can't they wait?"

"It's... he could but... I... hum..."

"Pick up Michael. Don't let Calum wait!"

"Thanks."

The teenager got up, and went picking up his phone to speak with Calum, laughing because of Jay and Katlyn making weird noise. A smile appeared on his face when he pressed the green phone.

"Hey Cal'" Michael smiled when calling the brunette by his surname.

"You took your time!"

"Sorry, I was having dinner."

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't wan-"

"-That's fine. I rather be talking with you anyway."

The two young men ended up spending the night on the phone. They found it so easy to talk to the other one. Still, memories of what had happened were still there and they could sense it every now and then. Sometimes one would say something that would bring up memories to the other and the line would go dead for a minute but they never kept silent for too long.