.7.

"So what you're saying is that until you were 14 you didn't like vegemite?! How come?! It tastes sooooo good!!!"

"I know that now."

Ashton, however, found that outrageous. Vegemite was one of the best food ever to him! It wasn't okay to not like vegemite! Well... that is, in Ashton's opinion. Both of the two teenagers were laughing. Luke and the curly haired boy had spent the entire afternoon together, and even though Ashton knew it was about time to go to his house because Calum was coming over, he didn't really want to. Obviously he wanted to see his best friend, especially since he knew he was emotionally going through a lot, but he was also enjoying his time with the blond. He thought about asking the younger to join them but finally, he didn't. It was Calum and Ashton's night and he didn't feel okay to invite someone else without asking his best friend before. He looked over his watch a last time and raised his look.

"I have to go bu-but shall we me-meet again tomorrow?" Ashton  stuttered. He wanted his new friend to say 'yes' so badly.

"I'll text you my address."

The curly haired boy felt his stomach flipped of happiness inside of him. He couldn't wait to see the blond again. He stood up and instead of heading to his house, he chose to go at Calum's to pick him up. As the park he had stayed with Luke wasn't that far from his best friend's house, he arrived there pretty quickly. However, he stopped abruptly to walk once he was in front of the house, shocked to see Michael and Mali at the door. The pale boy turned around and lowered his head, as if he was sad or guilty, and for a moment, Ashton felt like he was seeing the old Michael and so he wanted to hug him, just like he used to do in the good old times. He then remembered who the blue haired boy was now and shook his head, cleaning his mind of his previous intentions. He walked past him, ready to enter the house but the other guy grabbed his arm. His eyes glared at the younger, just like Calum's sister had done a few seconds ago. Michael opened his mouth to say something several times but he closed it everytime. Finally, he let go of the older's arm and walked away. Ashton entered to house and hugged quickly Mali.

"He's in his room."

The curly haired boy could feel the worries in her voice. That's why he just nodded and went upstairs as quickly as he can. He knoched the door of Calum's room and without waiting for an answer he opened it. Ashton felt his heart breaking at the sight in front of him. His best friend was sitted on the floor, in the corner of the room, crying and not breathing properly. The blond didn't waste a second and ran to his side. He sat next to the brunette and hugged him.

"Ssssssshhhh. It's okay. It's gonna be okay." A few seconds flew by and Ashton spoke again. "Cal' buddy I need you to listen to me okay?" He waited a second and when Calum nodded, he kept going. "Try to breathe at the same rythm as I do, okay? Just listen to me and my voice, don't think about anything else."

God knows how much the tan boy was trying to execute his best friend's words, but he couldn't forget Michael. He couldn't forget that he was missing Michael. He couldn't forget that he had almost told him everything. His panic increased.

"Cal', do you remember that time we had played in the streets? I think we should do it again one day. I had so much fun that day! What song had we played already? I can't remember... but do you?"

In reality, Ashton remembered perfectly what songs they had performed, but he was hoping Calum would be thinking about that and calm down a little. So he asked the question multiple times. And somehow, it did work. Calum's breathing was slowly going back to normal. The blond was happy about it because he had always had lots of difficulties to help the tan boy with his panic attacks.

"The A team, As long as you love me, Years 3000... i'm not going to tell them all." Ashton chuckled.

"You're still up to the horror movie night?"

"Obviously."

The curly haired boy could see in the younger's eyes that he was still not okay, but he knew he wouldn't be for quiet some time anyway. He promised himself to change Calum's mind, at least for the night.

As Michael pass the door of his house, he tensed. His mother was there, glaring at him with disapointment in her eyes. He knew, just by looking at her, what was going to come.

"Can I know why you were at the Hood's house? If I remember well, I told you not stay anywhere near them, didn't I?" She spatted.

"Yeah, but Calum and I have a muisc project to do together. I've tried to switch partner but Mr Rickman didn't hear me out."

"And...?"

"And i went there to work with him on the project."

"Are you stupid? Couldn't you just tell your father or I that? We would have talked to your school this morning, and this fa-Calum wouldn't be your partner anymore?" The blue haired boy didn't say anything, but he was boiling of anger. He hadn't missed his mother calling Calum "fag".

"And what is this new hair colour? I thought we agreed that red was the last one you were doing!" Michael just lowered his head. He never agreed that, NEVER, but he wouldn't dared to say something when his mum was that angry. "Go up to your room and get ready, we have a dinner tonight. And please do something to your hair so you won't look like a blueberry."

The teenager nodded and went to his room. A suit was on his bed, and he sighed, knowin that's what he had to wear tonight. He hated wearing suit. He always looked like a penguin whenever he was dressed like that. He quickly showered and went back to his room with just a towel around his hips. He was about to put the suit on when he noticed a pair of eyes staring at him from the other side of the street. Calum's.

Hey everyone!!!
How are you all?

Okay so... i haven't got really something to say about this one, but I'll be happy to read your comments if you want to tell me why you like this chapter or not and what you want for the next one!

Also (i really need you for that) do I make too many spelling or grammar mistakes?

I'll see you really soon (hopefully next week!)
Have a good day/night!

Love you all 💕