[Garnet × child reader]

[#75: Trust]

You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and yawned, your feet dragging lazily across the sand as you traveled to the water. You plopped onto the shore and propped your chin up with your fist, trying your hardest to keep your eyes open.

You'd ran away from home. Your parents were very abusive, and you couldn't take it anymore. It was a bold move, and now you were stranded out in an unfamiliar place with no one by your side.

You suddenly jumped, squealing a little when a voice interrupted the peaceful silence. You landed in the water-- getting yourself soaked. You stood up and stared up at the one who'd spoken, your teeth chattering and your body shivering.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to startle you," the British-accented voice apologized. The owner of the voice was a tall, maroon-colored woman with shades over her eyes and square-shaped hair. She was very intimidating, causing you to cower in fear and turn to run.

"Wait, don't leave. I see you're alone. You need somewhere to stay, don't you?" she asked softly, but with no emotion. You stuttered frightfully, never keeping eye contact, "Y-Yes..."

"Come inside, you don't have to be scared. I just don't want you to be all alone out here. There are so many bad things that could happen," she pleaded, lending a hand out towards you. You flinched slightly, but took her hand anyways. You didn't want to make her mad.

She lead you into a strange house. You gazed around with a wary look in your (E/C) eyes. A few people were sitting on the couch and all of the noise stopped as four pair of eyes landed on you. You found yourself pressing closer to the tall woman who gently held your hand.

"Don't stare. You're making them feel scared," the woman snapped at her teammates, glaring at them from behind her visors. Everyone looked away and acted like everything was normal.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm Garnet. And you are..?" the magenta woman questioned, kneeling down to be more your height. You nervously played with your fingers, your eyes searching the room, "(Y/N)." You heard her chuckle and turned your head up with a confused expression.

"Sorry, you're just too adorable. Are you hungry? Thirsty?" she asked, her voice seeming so out of character for her body. You nodded, although you didn't want to be a burden to her.

After eating, Garnet found some dry clothes for you to change into from who knows where. Once you changed, you shortly fell asleep curled into a ball on the couch.

-

You'd been living with the Crystal Gems for a few weeks now. You'd gotten at least a little more used to them. You'd told only Garnet of your abusive parents. You trusted her more than anyone-- she was like a mother now.

You were home alone while the gems were on mission. Your stomach growled in hunger, so you pulled up a stool and tried to reach for a glass plate in a high cabinet.

Once you grabbed the plate, the stool fell sideways and you slipped off. You fell on your stomach and the plate smashed on the floor, tiny bits of glass scattering across the floor.

Your eyes widened in terror. You stood up on shaky legs, trying to process this through your mind. Thoughts raced wildly through your head. Tears pushed at your eyes.

Garnet's gonna hurt me for this! You thought, burying your face in your hands. You scurried into the bathroom and hid in the tub, the shower curtain hiding you. Garnet can't hurt me if she can't find me! You told yourself, trying to keep your whimpers from escaping.