[Bismuth × toddler reader]

[#42: The Forge]

Bismuth had recently been redeemed and announced as apart of the Crystal Gems once again. It took her a while to get used to the new ways of Earth, her teammates, and especially humans. She was still getting used to it all.

Bismuth waited impatiently for the human Steven to finally "fall asleep"; a part of his daily ritual. She sort of understood the concept: it was a way for humans to restore their energy, like gems when they were poofed.

When she heard the soft snores of the boy from his "room", which was only up the small set of stairs, she knew that he was asleep. She stood and made her way to the Warp Pad. It let off the familiar glow and sound, warping the gem to a dark, desolate area.

She silently walked closer to the Forge, staring around at the sights, which wasn't much. Her feet made a loud noise as she stepped across the ground, no other footsteps to cover the sound.

She stood in front of the entrance and breathed out a deep sigh she didn't even know she was holding in. She brought her hands up to her gem and the entrance opened. She was just about to step in when something caught her eye.

A small creature scurried past her, only letting Bismuth see it as a quick blur. She held her hand up and turned it into a hammer, ready to destroy something if she needed to.

She slowly followed where the creature had went. But all she found were rocks. She furrowed her eyebrows and inched around the area, glancing behind a few boulders. She found a small human huddled against a rock, pulling their knees to their chest.

Bismuth frowned and turned her hand back to normal, slowly advancing towards you, the human. Your head quickly snapped to face her, your (E/C) eyes widening.

You whimpered and pushed yourself further against the rock, never moving your eyes from the giant woman in front of you. Your gaze watched her every move intently.

"Hey, human... how'd ya get out here? Are you all alone?" she asked in the softest voice she could muster, kneeling down to be closer to your height.

Your eyes flicked around behind her, making sure no one else was there. You nodded, slowly retracting from your metaphorical shell. You removed your arms from your knees and sat up straight, staring into her eyes.

"That's better. So, you gotta name?" she asked, smiling warmly. You felt that she wasn't a threat, in spite of not even knowing her five minutes.

"(Y/N)," you answered, quickly and quietly. She nodded, "That's a nice name, (Y/N). I'm Bismuth, nice to meet ya."

She stuck her hand out for a handshake, something that Steven had taught her was the correct way to introduce herself to someone. You cautiously took it.

Your stare was pinned to her colorful hair. It was interesting; you hadn't ever seen anyone with rainbow hair before. Well, you hadn't really seen much people at all, really.

You reached an arm out and softly stroked her hair, stars forming in your eyes. She cracked a small smile and chuckled. She thought you were really adorable.

"Pretty..," you mumbled, and then pulled away. You examined her more, finding the rainbow gem on her chest to be intriguing as well. You pointed at it with furrowed eyebrows, "What's that?"

Bismuth looked down at her gem and then back up to you, "It's my gem. I'm a gem, not a human like you."

"Gem?" you repeated, tilting your head. She nodded. She continued to speak with you softly for a little longer, until you suddenly threw yourself at her and wrapped your arms around her. Her eyes widened in surprise, but she smiled and hugged you back, making sure she didn't hurt you.

She stood with you still in her arms and brought you to the Warp Pad. You snuggled in closer, smiling from ear-to-ear. It felt nice to have someone to hug.

---

This was requested by AmberGoldenHeart. I hope you like it, and thank you so much for requesting and supporting me and this book. You're amazing!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡