[Garnet × fem!gay!teenaged reader]

[#17: I'm Here]

"Okay, are you ready?" you asked your girlfriend, which you simply called "B". B nodded and held your hand, giving you a reassuring smile. She knew your mother wasn't fond of the LGBTQ+ community.

You pushed the front door open and called for your mother, who was busy smoking a cigarette, as usual. She raised an eyebrow at the sight of your fingers intertwined with B's.

"What do you want, (Y/N)?" she asked, blowing a puff of smoke into your face. You were used to that, too. It didn't bother you. But B looked like she was trying not to cough.

"Um, Mom, I- uh, I need to tell you something," you spoke, mentally facepalming for sounding so nervous.

Your mother stared at you, awaiting your answer. You throat tightened and your heart race was quickening. B noticed this and squeezed your hand.

"Um, B... she's my, um, girlfriend," you announced. Your mother's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She glared at you angrily.

"What?" she snapped, standing up. You gulped and your body began to tremble.

You felt like your mother was a monster from a nightmare, and she was towering over you, casting a dark shadow. It felt like she was ready to pounce.

"No daughter of mine will be gay," she growled, flicking her eyes towards B. You stood in front of B and slowly pushed her back.

Your mind was racing and the one thought that stood out was, I wish Garnet was here. But she wasn't. She was probably back at The Temple, on a cool mission that you would never be able to attend.

"You're disgusting. I can't believe this. I can't believe you. Get. Out," you mother hissed, gritting her teeth angrily. You hurried out of the house with B's hand in yours.

You didn't stop running until your legs gave out and you fell in B's arms, sobbing into her. She sighed and rubbed your back comfortingly.

Her phone rang and she gave you a sad smile before pressing the phone to ear. She had to leave immediately-- family emergency.

You wiped your tears and stood there alone on the beach. You decided to go to The Temple. Maybe Garnet's there...? You asked yourself.

You stuffed your hands into your pockets and trudged along. You remembered the path to The Temple by heart. You shoved the door open, being greeted by the familiar Pearl.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)! A-Are you alright?" she asked, standing on her feet and approaching you. You just sniffled and shrugged. Normally you were happy, social, and loud, so she knew something was up.

You looked up and gazed around for Garnet, but she wasn't there. Well, this is just great. You thought bitterly.

Suddenly, Garnet's door opened and her smile immediately disappeared when she saw how miserable you looked.

"What's the matter, (Y/N)?" she asked with a tilt of her head. You dug your hands farther into your pocket and shrugged. You plopped onto the couch and she sat down next to you.

"I told my mom about B. She totally flipped out and told me I wasn't her daughter and that I was disgusting, things like that. She... she doesn't love me just because of who I am. It hurts, Garnet," you sighed, turning your head away from her.

She placed a hand on your shoulder and forced you to look at you with her finger. You stared at her visors until she removed them, revealing her beautiful three eyes.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry. I understand in some way. People hate me because of who I am. Because they disagree with who I am. I know it hurts to hear what people say about it," she began, gazing into you.

A tear slipped from your eye but you didn't wipe it away. You didn't care at this point. You just wished your mother wasn't so closed-minded.

Garnet wiped your tear away with her thumb and continued, "You have to keep going. Don't listen to those negative words. I know it's difficult, and it must be even more difficult coming from the one who is supposed to love and care for you, but you have to.

"I know maybe it'd be better to you if your mother said this, but, I love you, no matter who you are. Pearl loves you, Amethyst loves you, Steven loves you, B loves you, and so many other people. You're always welcome and accepted here," she smiled, grabbing both of your hands.

You sniffled, practically jumping onto Garnet and wrapping your arms around her. You nuzzled your face into the crook of her neck. Garnet always knew how to make you feel better.

"Your mother just needed some time to think about everything. She'll come back around sooner or later. But just remember, we're always here for you," she said, pulling you off of her and patting your head.

---

This lovely one-shot idea was requested by the wonderful Wolfgirl016! I hope you like this, and thank you for being so amazing.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡