[Amethyst × child reader]

[#21: Alone Before You]

You trembled and hugged your knees to your chest. It was terribly cold and you didn't have anything to keep yourself warm.

Your teeth clattered. Goosebumps were rising all over your skin. You kept shivering. And now you were just weeping.

"Um, dude, are you okay?" a raspy voice asked. You gasped and whipped your head up, pressing your back further against the wall.

A girl with purple skin and long, pale lavender hair stood before you with her hands planted on her hips. She stared at you and awaited an answer.

"You're a human... right? Don't you have, like, parents, or something?" she asked, scratching the back of her neck.

You just shook your head in response. You didn't have any parents. You didn't have anyone except yourself.

"Are you all alone?" she questioned. You were surprised at the sudden tone of sadness in her voice, like she understood your pain on a personal level. And maybe she did, but you didn't know that.

You nodded and looked down at your hands in embarrassment. Being alone made you feel different and like an outcast.

"Hey, hey, it's okay! Don't be ashamed of that. I understand how it feels to be alone; for everyone to leave you," she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

She looked down at you and noticed that you were shaking violently. She realized that you must've been freezing in that weather.

"I wish I had a jacket or something so you wouldn't be cold... Hey, um, you can come to my house! We have blankets and food!" she suggested.

You thought that maybe this wasn't a good idea, but it could also be the best idea. You didn't have anything else to lose, so you agreed. She led you across town to a huge building with a statue of a giant woman.

"Home sweet home. Come inside!" she exclaimed, beginning to run. You chased after her, but your legs didn't want to move very fast. They were so very cold.

You were breathing heavily by the time you made it to the top of the stairs. The purple girl quickly opened the door and let you inside. Your eyes searched around wearily as you hugged yourself.

"Uh, you can sit on the couch, there's some blankets over here," the girl said, running over to a cabinet and throwing it open.

You sat down on the couch and and examined the house. There was a small kitchen with a counter and some stools pulled up to it. A door with a star stood behind a large rock formation. On the other side of the home, a set of stairs led up to a room that seemed to be the bedroom of a child.

"I forgot to tell you... my name's Amethyst," the purple girl said as she handed you a soft, blue blanket. You smiled at the name. That explained the purple gem on her chest.

"I'm (Y/N)," you said quietly. You weren't much of a conversationalist.

"That's a nice name!" she smiled, sitting down next to you. You normally would've moved away, but you didn't feel awkward with Amethyst near you.

You sunk deeper into the couch and your eyes began to feel heavy. You hadn't slept in so long... Your eyes closed and you fell into a deep sleep.

You awoke when another female voice started to shriek. You peeled your eyes open to see a tall, skinny, and pale-skinned woman with a pearl on her forehead.

"Amethyst! You can't just bring humans here!" the woman shouted, pressing her hands to the side of her head. Amethyst rolled her eyes.

"Yo, P, if you haven't noticed, this human is a kid! Human kids are supposed to have families who take care of them! (Y/N) has no one!" Amethyst yelled, climbing to her feet and glaring at the one you supposed was called Pearl.