[Blue Diamond × toddler reader part 2]

[#56: The Human Part 2]

You'd been in the Human Zoo for only a few days. You hadn't talked not once. You only sat under a tree and hugged yourself, sometimes even crying. You were scared and alone, missing your family.

The other humans seemed to be getting a little bit better. But none of them ever tried to comfort you, despite you being a 2-year-old kid by themselves and always crying.

One night as you sat awake, you heard a strange noise. You stood on your feet and shuffled towards it, peeking over a few bushes. A tall, purple gem-- one that looked a lot like the one who had tried to take you to the Zoo first-- came out of an opening and looked around.

She looked down at something blinking in her hand and then over at you. Your eyes widened and you ducked away, letting out a squeak of fear. Footsteps advanced towards you and you were grabbed. You screamed loudly, squirming in her arms.

"Hey, it's okay! I'm bringing you to Blue Diamond! Don't ya wanna see her again?" the amethyst asked, causing you to immediately stop. You looked up at her, "I see Blue?" She chuckled and nodded. You smiled widely as she carried you through the opening doors.

"I see Blue! I see Blue! I see Blue!" you exclaimed, throwing your hands into the air. The amethyst was amused, grinning all the way.

Finally, the large, blue gem came into view. She was smiling, seeming very happy. Even happier than you had seen her the first time. You hopped into her hand as soon as it was on the ground.

She chuckled and brought her hand up to her face. You hugged her cheek, humming happily. She stroked your hair with her finger, giggling at your cuteness.

"I really did miss you, my (Y/N)," she spoke softly, staring into your eyes.

"I miss you, too!" you shouted, squeezing her finger tightly. She was absolutely delighted. She turned her head down to her pearl, who looked sad and left out. She allowed the pearl to join you on her hand.

"Pearl!" you squealed, hugging the gem. She hugged you back, patting your head as usual. That never failed to make you happy.

"(Y/N)... I talked to Yellow, and she said that she may allow you to stay out here with my pearl and I. Our highest technological gems have figured out how to set everything in order. Would you like that?" she asked with pleading eyes.

"Yes yes yes!" you exclaimed, extremely excited. You jumped up and down and did a little dance, which Blue found interesting. Humans were very intriguing to her.

You kissed Blue's cheek suddenly, thinking nothing of it.

"What was that?" she asked, confused but interested. You answered, "A kiss, silly silly." She raised an eyebrow, "A kiss? Well, what a strange word. I think I like it, though." You giggled, making Blue grin.

"You humans are so cute," she said, caressing your cheek with her large thumb. You hummed in delight and wrapped your arms around the thumb.

"Let's get you settled, then, my (Y/N)," she ordered, beginning to walk to what you would call your "bedroom". The technological gems had fixed you a bedroom exactly perfect for you. They had searched for the perfect surroundings for humans, and modified it for you.

The room was colored (F/C), and you were glad. That was your favorite color, after all. The room was very tall-- tall enough for Blue Diamond to stand in. But you didn't mind.

"Do you like it? Is it like your original home on Earth?" Blue asked, hoping that she was accurate. You nodded, but your smile suddenly turned into a frown. You remembered your home and family. You started to sniffle, and then it turned into a full on cry.

You stood with tears streaming down your face. Blue Diamond was so confused. She looked at Pearl for assistance, so the smaller gem patted your head again. You continued to cry, pulling away from her.

"What's the matter, my (Y/N)?" Blue questioned, knitting her eyebrows together. You wiped your tears away as best as you could, but your cheeks were only covered with more tears. When you tried to talk, it only came out as choked sobs.

"Do you miss your... what was it again? Family..?" Blue questioned softly, knowing what it was like to lose someone close to her. You nodded, sniffling. The tears were slowing now.

"I'm sorry... I never realized how hard this must be for you..," she said, feeling guilty. You turned and hugged her finger, nuzzling your face into her hand. You stayed there for a long time, eventually falling asleep.

As you snored softly, Blue Diamond and Pearl felt a mixture of emotions like guilt for your losses and adoration for your adorable nature.

But no matter what they felt, they were both glad to have you there with them, even if it was a little selfish.

---

This is part 2 of my last chapter. I hope you guys like it! 

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡