[Opal × child reader]

[#30: Opal]

[This has slight Pearlmethyst in it :P]

- Your P.O.V. -

My legs began to ache as I pumped them faster across the sand. I was so close to the Warp Pad...

My heart raced as the gem monster scooped me up into it's hand and held me to its face. I whimpered and pinched my eyes shut.

I threw my arms my head and awaited my doom. I suddenly dropped to the ground, but was caught mid air.

I peeked one eye out and saw the blank scene of grass swaying in the breeze. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up.

I gasped when I saw a giant woman. She had a gem on her forehead and chest. She had long, pale hair and she looked incredibly beautiful. She also had four arms. I gazed at her with my mouth held wide open.

"Who are you?" I asked her as she set me on my feet. She chuckled and kneeled down, her blue eyes now closer to mine.

"I'm Opal," she spoke softly. I watched as her long hair flew behind her.

"H-Hi Opal, I'm (Y/N)," I told her, sticking my hand out for a handshake. She took it with a cute smile.

"Did you save me from that gem monster?" I asked her. She grinned proudly and nodded.

"Thank you! I thought I was gonna die!" I exclaimed. My eyes once again landed on her hair.

"Your hair looks familiar, like my best friend Amethyst! She has really long pretty hair," I told Opal. She giggled.

"You also have Pearl's nose. Pearl's kinda like my mom. I love her a lot. She really does act like a real mom. So that's what she is to me. Do I remind you of anyone?" I questioned.

Opal hummed and tapped her chin while staring at you.

"You do remind me of someone. Someone that I love very much," she answered, poking my nose softly. I laughed and poked her nose, too.

"Where'd you come from, Opal?" I asked. She grinned and pointed at her two gems with different arms.

I gasped. It all came together. She was a fusion! A fusion of Amethyst and Pearl! I pressed my hands against my cheeks and gazed at the tall gem with stars in my eyes.

"Oh my gosh! You're a fusion of my two favorite gems in the whole universe!" I exclaimed. She nodded while smiling.

I then squished her cheeks with my hands and hugged her. She wrapped all four of her arms around me.

"I asked Amethyst and Pearl if I could meet you, like, a million times! And it's finally happening!" I squealed.

"They really love you, (Y/N). And so do I," Opal told me, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too!" I shouted, starting into her eyes. We both smiled and laughed.

"You're even more beautiful than I ever imagined," I informed her. She blushed deeply.

"And you're absolutely adorable," she said, standing up and spinning me around.

"Anyways, what are you doing out here all alone, little one?" she asked with worried eyes.

I began to sweat nervously and rubbed the back of my neck, "Uh... I was actually... um... I came out here because I was really stressed with everything and this place helps calm me down."

Opal smiled sadly and nodded, "I understand. But you should be careful next time." I nodded.

"You should come to The Temple with me! I bet Garnet and Steven will be happy to see you!" I suggested. She set me down and followed me to the Warp Pad.

I warped to The Temple and we were both greeted by Garnet and Steven playing cards in the living room.

"Guys! Guys! Look! It's Opal!" I shouted, pointing to the large gem. She waved with a smile. Steven gasped.

"Yaaay! Opaaaaal!" he hollered, running up to her. She patted his head. Garnet grinned.

"Well, it's time that I go. If you ever need me, just tell Amethyst and Pearl. I'll miss you all. Especially you, (Y/N)," Opal said.

She was consumed by a bright light and suddenly, she split into two. She was then Amethyst and Pearl, who were holding hands.

I jumped onto them and attacked them with a hug. They laughed together.

"You guys should fuse more often!" I exclaimed. They looked at each other with smiles and blushed.

"I would love that."

---

Ahh! Sorry for posting this so late! I just slept really long and ugh I'm not feeling so good.

Thank you so much to everyone who is voting and commenting! You guys make me smile, tysm!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡