[Rose × mute!child reader]

[#5: Silence]

Silence. It was the only thing you'd ever known. Since the day you were born, you had learned never to speak, in fear of Him.

He was the reason you have never spoken a word in your 9 years of life. He was also the reason you ran away from home.

You had arrived at a beautiful, sunny place called Beach City. It was bright, colorful, and typically unpopulated.

You hugged the small, tattered jacket you had along with you tighter against your cold skin. It was nighttime, and the city looked barren.

You kicked the soft sand that flowed over the ground and marveled at the feeling of it between your toes. You had your shoes wedged betwixt your elbow and side.

The darkness looked beautiful covering the midnight of Beach City. It reminded you of freedom, for a reason unknown to you. You had always loved the dark unlike fellow children your age who were absolutely terrified of it.

You kept walking until your (E/C) eyes fell upon a fence that boarded off a mysterious temple. You yearned to explore the other side of the fence, so you began to climb it.

Groaning, you swung your arms and legs over the top and lost your balance, tipping yourself over. You landed on your back. You sat up, frowning, and smiled when you realized that you were over the fence.

Climbing to your feet, you dusted off your legs and pulled your shoes on. You made your way to the temple. It looked so... cool! It was shaped like a giant woman with extra body parts.

You gasped at the sight and strode over to what you believed was the entrance. You furrowed your eyebrows when you saw four women- well, one of them looked like a small child.

One of them, the tallest one, had voluminous, curly pink hair that spilled down her back. She wore a white, flowing dress that had a star cut out at her navel. A pink gem was placed in the middle of the star.

The second tallest one had a dark, cubic afro on her head. She wore a visor over her eyes and had dark red skin. As she lifted her arms to gesture for something, you saw two gems on the palms of her hands.

The next tallest one was skinny and sickly pale. Her hair was short and pink, and she had a smooth, oval-shaped gem on her forehead that reminded you of a pearl necklace that She bought you before She... nevermind.

And then the smallest one was purple with short, very pale, lilac hair sticking wildly out in different places. A purple gem was right on her chest.

You stared at them in amazement. You had never seen anybody like them before.

The purple one turned her head and noticed you, causing her eyes to go wide. She tugged on the tallest one's dress and pointed to you.

"Guys! There's a human!" she exclaimed, smiling at you. But you didn't smile back. The red one had summoned scary-looking gauntlets on her hands and the skinny one had pulled a long spear from the gem on her forehead.

You gasped and fell on your bottom, holding your hands in front of your face in defense, as if it would protect you.

The pink one frowned at them and ordered them to put their weapons away. They obeyed immediately. She then made her way over to you.