... must come down.

Alex awoke the next morning, way too early in her opinion, due to the thunder. She sat up quickly, as the night before's events flooded her mind. She immediately was up, putting on jeans and Jefferson's sweatshirt. She didn't even bother to put her greasy hair in a ponytail, but ran out the door.

She RAN to the Mercer police department, despite the intense rain, and asked Thomas Jefferson's release.

She sat in the waiting room, dripping wet, tapping her foot impatiently. When they let Jefferson out, he looked woefully at her.

Alex walked up, looking up at him. He gave a small smile.

"Hey Lil Bi-" but he was cut off by Alex slapping him across his face.

"You fucking dumbass! What is Madison gonna say! His boyfriend went to JAIL for someone else! What the fuck Thomas!" she spat, shaking her head. He was too shocked to protest. 

She turned around and stalked out, fists clenched at her side.

It took Thomas a moment to follow.

"Alex! Wait!" he called desperately.

The thunder rumbled overheard, as the rain poured down mercilessly. Alex sighed, stopping. He ran up, hands grabbing her shoulders. She growled in annoyance at the colors.

"What, Jefferson." she demanded, eyes on his big brown ones.

"Madison isn't my boyfriend!" he informed her, voice louder to overpower the thunder. She frowned, as the storm began to rage.

"What? I heard you guys the other day-"

"I was begging him to come back to school, to be my best friend again. I simply said you couldn't replace him, Alex! As my best friend!" he explained, practically yelling. Alex's heart thumped wildly in her chest.

"So you aren't in love with Madison?" she yelled over the storm. He laughed, one of relief.

"No, I'm not!" he assured her. She smiled widely.

"You beat up a guy for me!" she said, hands coming to rest on his chest. He laughed, eyes full of tears.

"Yes, I did." he agreed, hands finding her face. He cupped her cheeks.

"Alex?" he called over the rumbling in the sky.

"What?" she called back, blinking hard to see him in the downpour.

"I love you." he whispered, and somehow she managed to hear it. She felt her heart pound, and her cheeks heat up. She slowly smiled, looking to the sky.

And she knew this was her sign.

"Thank you.." she murmured, grinning.

"Uh.. Alex.. My hair.." Thomas coughed, bringing her back to reality. She laughed, hands coming to cup his face.

"Oh yes, yes! Thomas, I love you too, you useless shit!" she said, making him grin ear to ear.

"And I am not throwing away my shot." she said, putting her lips on his.

They kissed passionately as the rain poured around them.

Thomas Jefferson was her soulmate. And her, his.

-

Alexandra Hamilton's world was filled with color forever more, because Thomas Jefferson was in it.