oUr fAvOrItE fIgHtInG FReNcHmAn

Eventually The Reynolds Pamphlet was forgotten, when two weeks later when a girl was recorded doing shots off of a grave stone.

Alex didn't care.

Alex threw herself into her work, and focused on nothing but that. She took more classes than anyone else, even Jefferson.

She excelled in them all, but her health, both mental and physical, increasingly went to shit.

Even Jefferson reminded her to eat and sleep. She ignored him of course.

Madison and Jefferson were always together these days, and it became clear to Alex that Jefferson was Madison's soulmate, but Madison was not Jefferson's. And Jefferson did not know of this yet.

Madison clung to Jefferson, hungrily eyeing the world around him as if trying to memorize the various hues and shades of the world.

Alex almost pitied the man. Almost.

Lafayette and Hercules became increasingly more worried about Alex as her texts became fewer and fewer before stopping entirely.

Lafayette soon beat down Jefferson and Alex's door, forcing Jefferson to leave so he could evaluate Alex.

The bags beneath her eyes were insane, her lips chapped as hell, and she was skinny. Too skinny. Her hair was greasy, and her skin was beginning to feel squishy. And if Hercules had been there to show Lafayette the colors, the Frenchman was sure she'd have been way too pale.

"Alexandra, mon ami, please. Take a break." he begged, holding her small form to his body. She leaned into him.

"Gotta finish.." she mumbled, but he firmly shook his head.

"No, Alexandra. You and I are going out. Tonight." he said firmly. She frowned.

"To where?" she asked, eyes narrow. Lafayette produced a flyer from his back pocket.

"Monsier Washington is hosting the students ball this year. The theme is masquerade." he explained excitedly. Alex didn't crack a smile.

"I don't have time." she said, shaking her head. Lafayette frowned.

"Too bad."

And he went to work. He bathed Alexandra thoroughly, making her skin healthy and smooth again. Alexandra complained the whole time, cheeks heated up. Lafayette rolled his eyes.

"You have beautiful body. I do not see why you complain." he remarked, shaking his head. Alex flushed a darker grey before Lafayette's eyes.

Alex did have a nice figure, but she was rail thin. Lafayette had seen her in her undergarments before, naked was not much different in the Frenchman's opinion. He knew Alex had a story, one she'd yet to tell. Her skin was tight, there were scars in areas that only could be explained as surgery. Lafayette didn't remark on this.

He then got her out, dried her off carefully. She ripped away from his grip, scowling. She wrapped the towel around her body. He rolled his eyes. So stubborn.

He produced a dress bag. It had a lovely dress in it, and Lafayette informed her that it was a deep blue.

She didn't know or care what that meant, quite frankly. Blue was just a concept to her, all she knew was that this must match the color of an ocean.

She was forced into it, and he practically screamed.

He spoke fluent French at her; before simply saying, "You look magnificent."

Alex felt her cheeks heat up.

"Sure." was her short response.

He did her hair in a Belle from Beauty and the Beast hair do, and did her make up. She didn't know how he did it with his greyscale eyesight.

Lafayette quickly changed into his outfit. He did his hair, and smirked.

"I am just too sexy for this world." he sighed. Alex snorted.

"Be careful, you're starting to sound like Jefferson." she warned, making him laugh.

He finally presented her with the main piece.

A beautiful mask.

She gasped, eyes wide. Even in greyscale... it was beautiful. She put it on while he put his own on. And once they put on their shoes, they were off.

"You look like an American Revolution soldier in that get up." she teased. He simply laughed.

// heheh.. American Revolution reference

// yes he bathed her

// Laf and Hammy are the best brotp