(¬‿¬)

And that's how she found herself at the bar again that night.

She bought round after round, drinking her pain away slowly. Laurens faded from her mind, and she didn't think of him again. She danced with random people, grinding and teasing.

It got to a point where finally Lafayette, as she'd given a number beforehand, was called. He arrived immediately, looking concerned. Alex stumbled to him, giggling.

"H-hellO my favorite French fry..!" she boomed, giggling. Lafayette sighed.

"She was acting like a damn hooker in my bar." Charles said, shaking his head.

"You drink too much." Lafayette said, taking her hand and leading her out. She sang and danced, falling over five times on the way home. It was a hassle getting her to fork over the keys.

Jefferson was out when they arrived at her dorm. Alex pulled Lafayette into bed with her.

"C'mon, Laf.. Just one night." she cooed, the alcohol on her breath making him swear in French.

"Mon ami, i am married, remember?" he whispered, shaking his head. Alex groaned, shoving him away. Lafayette sighed.

Alex struggled to stand.

"I'll be alone forever.." she sighed, in a voice so tired, it broke the Frenchman's heart. His face softened.

"No no, mon ami.. You will find your soulmate again.." he replied gently, reaching for her. She snatched her arm away.

"No! I found him!" she shrieked, hands curling into fists. Lafayette blinked.

"Well wh-" but she was already screaming a response.

"It was fucking Jefferson! JEFFERSON, LAF! A man who despises me almost as much as I despise him!" she yelled, throwing the microwave. Lafayette dodged it, eyes wide.

"Alexandra, calm down." he begged, reaching for her, but she simply threw a book at him.

"I'M GOING TO BE ALONE! MY SOULMATE HATES ME! AND LAURENS LEFT ME! HE USED ME TO SEE THE COLORS AND N-NOW HE'S GONE! HE LEFT ME!" she wailed, tears flowing down her face. Lafayette winced, as the pen from her desk flew and hit him in the chest. She stopped throwing things, chest heaving. She slid to the floor, arms wrapped around her legs.

"H-he used me for the colors.. And now he's gone.." she sobbed, voice breaking on the final syllable. Lafayette felt tears fill his own eyes.

"Laurens loved you, mon ami. More than anything." he informed her, voice soft. She glared.

"Just go away, Laf.. I'll be fine in the morning." she snapped stiffly. Lafayette sighed.

"I'm not-"

"Just go."

Lafayette stood up, gave her one last look and left.

-

When Jefferson arrived home around 3 in the morning, he brought the smell of booze and liquor with him. He was drunk, as a sniffling Alex observed.

She sat in her bed, wearing her shorts and Laurens' hoodie. She watched him stumble in and clumsily lock the door. He turned, and saw her puffy face. His smile faded.

"Y-you're crying." he stated, as if this confused him. She gave a watery laugh, nodding and wiping her cheeks.

"I am capable of that." she informed him, standing and hugging her arms across her chest. He stood at the door still, as if unsure whether to proceed or not. Alex eyed him, knowing that if she'd reach out, the colors would light up their gloomy grey room. Jefferson eyed her wearily as if he had come to the same conclusion.

"I-" but he was cut off by Alex's lips crashing to his. The colors of the world exploded around them, but they didn't care. It took Jefferson a moment to register what was happening, but when he did, he kissed back eagerly.

Alex wrapped her arms around his neck, as his hands found her hips. She made a small noise, deepening the kiss.

She pulled away only to pull him to his bed, and as her knees hit it, she let herself fall back onto it. Jefferson eyed her, as if struggling to assess the situation in his drunken state. Alex grabbed his shirt and pulled him into another kiss. His hands came to cup Alex's face, with a tenderness she didn't know he possess. She pulled away, and her hands found the hem of her sweatshirt. Jefferosn stopped her.

"Are you su-"

"Just shut the hell up and fuck me."

A smile tugged on his lips as he pulled off his own clothing and joined her on the bed. Her breathless moans bounced through the small room, while his ragged breathing almost overpowered it.

And when their releases overcame them, the colors exploded before their eyes in a flash of bright ecstasy.

She didn't even bother leaving his bed, she just curled up under his blanket and fell asleep.

For once, Jefferson didn't have a smart ass remark.

// drunk sexy time...

you're welcome