helpless and drunk

He dragged her from the dorm room, the door held open by Jefferson. He dragged her to the bar, ignoring her excuses of a paper due the in three weeks.

"Aw mon ami. It has been so long! Take a break!" Lafayette said, plopping her on a barstool and ordering her normal whiskey.

She sighed, rolling her eyes. Lafayette sighed, taking a sip of his beer when it arrived.

"Alexandra, you have been hiding from me." he accused. Alex gave a small laugh.

"Never, my friend. Just busy." she promised, downing her entire whiskey shot and ordering another. Lafayette eyed her.

"Too busy to sleep?" he inquired, leaning in. She shrugged.

"Too busy to eat?" he asked, more insistent this time. She again shrugged. He sighed.

"You must take care of your body, Alexandra. I swear, if John were here you-" but she cut him off.

"Well he isn't." she said sharply. Lafayette sighed.

"I know you miss him." he said after a moment. But before Alex could snap at him to shut up, a drunk Aaron Burr fell into Alex.

"Burr, sir!" she teased, helping him up. He laughed.

"Alexandra!" he boomed, to which Lafayette shushed him. He simply waved the Frenchman away. He pointed across the room.

"That's my wife over there." he whisper yelled. Alex waved to Theodosia, whom waved back. Burr put a finger to Alex's lips sloppily.

"She's having my baby." Burr whisper yelled again. Alex and Lafayette gasped, clapping.

"Congrats, Burr!" Alex sang out, patting his back. Burr smiled.

"Alex, love is amazing.. Love doesn't discriminate.. It takes.. It takes everyone! We all should love.. Alex you should love!" Burr said, sitting next to her. Alex tried not to laugh.

"I agree Burr." she said, crossing her arms. Burr drunkenly looked around at the people dancing and chattering in the building. He pointed at a group of girls in the crowd.

"The Schuyler sisters! If you could marry a sister.. You're RICH, Alex. Rich!" he proclaimed, making Alex giggle. She eyed the girls. She smirked, downing the rest of her whiskey.

"Is it a question of 'if' Burr, or which one?" she asked, winking. Burr clapped and stumbled back to a gesturing Theodosia. Lafayette frowned.

"Mon Alex, what do you mean?" he inquired, but Alex wasn't listening. She ordered another whiskey and downed it immediately. She did this another time, until she was seeing double. She watched the three sisters, and waiting until one walked over to the bar. She made her way over, giving her most charming smile.

"Hi." she said, leaning against the bar. Lafayette watched, eyes wide. The woman eyed Alex cautiously.

"Yes?"

Alex's face sobered up immediately at her expression and tone.

"Uh.. You strike me.. As a woman.. Who has never been satisfied." she said carefully, not quite even knowing what she meant. The girl immediately took this in a lewd way and scowled.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, you forget yourself." she said sharply. Alex shook her head.

"Not like that. I mean.. you're like me. I've never been satisfied." Alex explained. The woman tilted her head.