gdi alex

Alex awoke the next morning with a pounding head ache. She groaned, struggling to open her crusty eyes.

"F-FUCK me!" she groaned, sitting up. Jefferson was sitting in bed, drinking coffee and typing on his laptop.

"Gently with a chainsaw?" he inquired. She ignored him, stumbling out of bed and making herself a mug of coffee.

The events of the night before hit her like a train. Her eyes went wide.

"Holy.. Jeffershit, did I come in late last night?" she demanded. He nodded, not looking up.

"You were drunk off of your ass when you left; and when you came back, you were crying about how beautiful your new wife is." he stated blandly. She felt herself grow faint.

"I.. Am I married?" she mumbled.

"Yes!" a chipper voice sounded from the bathroom. Alex jumped. It was Eliza.

"Yeah, your wife stayed the night." Jefferson said flatly. Alex scowled.

"Alexandra, honey, how did you sleep?" Eliza asked sweetly, coming to feel her head. Alex shrugged.

"Alright, Eliza.. I didn't dream any of that, did I? Like.. we're married?" she inquired. Eliza nodded, worry making her eyebrows furrow together.

"You aren't upset are you?" she asked, her sweet voice full of hurt. Alex quickly shook her head.

"No, no. I was just.. making sure." she said, giving a weak smile. Eliza beamed.

"Well, your first class is at noon, my love. I have to go, but I'll text you, my love bird." she trilled, pecking Alex's lips. She grabbed her backpack, leaving. Alex groaned, falling onto her bed.

"She's wearing my Van Halen t-shirt." Alex groaned. Jefferson chuckled, shaking his head.

"My, my Alexandra. What have you gotten yourself into?" he asked rhetorically.

Alex didn't know herself.

-

"You did WHAT?!"

Lafayette and Hercules were on the opposite side of the booth, while Alex showed them her silver ring.

Lafayette broke into frantic French, clearly cussing at Alexandra. Hercules simply scowled.

"Isn't this the one you've been lying to?" he inquired, making Alex's face heat up.

"She's happy." she defended weakly. Lafayette simply cursed at Alex more, making her roll her eyes.

"C'mon, she's happy! She's so bubbly and nice, I couldn't hurt her." she stated, eyes wide. Lafayette simply glared, while Hercules was silent.

"I agree." Hercules finally said. Lafayette gave him an indignant look, opening his mouth; but Hercules silenced him.

"Laurens would have wanted that." he said quietly. Lafayette didn't answer. He clearly didn't agree or disagree.

Lafayette finally looked at Alex.

"I hope this will satisfy you Alex."

-

It was the day before winter break. Four weeks of no school. Eliza was in Alex's door, while Jefferson and Madison were packing, working around her.