aw shit

Alex found herself clinging to Thomas, and it was refreshing. They were practically connected at the hip, never seen without each other.

She found herself growing fond of the big haired man. She found his edges not to be as sharp as she once believed.

Yes, there was the obvious problem of their political differences. But as they started to spend more time together, the more liberal Jefferson became, and the more conservative Alex found herself thinking.

Of course she'd never admit that.
They tried to steer clear of politics most days. Anytime it came up, they would state their opinions and try their hardest to simply move on to another subject.

As March turned to April, Alex found herself wrapped up in Thomas Jefferson.
They were with each other every night, every day. They were the new power couple on campus, though they weren't together.

Alex's work was again top notch, only matched by Thomas Jefferson. But she didn't mind sharing her spot with him.

The thought of Laurens didn't sting so much, she often found herself smiling instead of crying when thinking of him.

She even had reached out to Eliza. Who hadn't answered.

But she'd tried.

She had given all the credit of her dramatic change to the fact she didn't have to worry about a soulmate anymore. Lafayette did not see it this way, as he stated one April afternoon.

"You and Jefferson are becoming a couple." he teased, as she chowed down on her curly fries at the bar. She snorted, shaking her head.

"That prick? Nah." she said, shaking her head. The thought of a romance with Thomas hadn't even crossed her mind.

"Oh, mon ami. I see it. I am French, I know these things." he informed her, and she nodded.

"OH well in that case, I KNOW Thomas and I are meant to be. Because eating baguette and getting high make you so wise." she said sarcastically. Lafayette chuckled, shaking his head.

"I see it. You have changed. You are.. yourself again." he observed, making her cheek color a darker grey in his eyes.

"I just am happy that I don't have to worry about searching for my stupid soulmate anymore." she stated, saying the word as if it was an absurd thought. Lafayette shook his head, about to say something; but her phone chimed. She glanced down.

"Oh! It's Thomas. I have to go. I said we'd watch 10 Things I Hate About You tonight. Can you BELIEVE he's never seen it?" she rambled, eyes sparkling. Lafayette smirked, shaking his head.

"I'll see you later, mi amor." was all he said. She shrugged on her hoodie and went out the door. Lafayette called after her.

"He has changed you, mon ami! Whether you like it or not, you need him."

Alex shook her head and walked home. Jefferson waited, in a t-shirt and sweatpants. He wore his thick glasses that she loved to make fun of him for. He also had tied his hair back.

"Damn, you're a dead ringer for Laf with your hair in a ponytail.. Its weird, take it down." she laughed, taking off her jacket. He laughed, doing as she asked. She put on shorts, as the dorm got very hot at night. Jefferson had his laptop set up, the movie ready.

"Come ON, Alex!" he whined, making her giggle. She crawled into his bed, and he laid back against her front, using her shoulder as a head rest. She laughed, shaking her head as the colors erupted around her. She sighed in contentment.

"Press play, you big baby." she teased, doing it for him. He grinned, poking her thigh. She pinched him, making him gasp before she promptly shushed him as the movie loaded and began.

Thomas laughed at the lewd jokes, which made Alex giggle. However, she wasn't really paying attention to the laptop. Her mind was reeling over Lafayette's words.

Did she need Jefferson? She didn't think so. But at the thought of losing her color buddy, she blanched. Good God.

Jefferson had become her new Laurens.

The thought made her heart drop. This terrified her to no end, the thought of giving someone that much power. To just destroy her.

Jefferson must have felt her tense because he glanced up. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You okay, darlin?" he asked quietly, big brown eyes trained on her face.

"Uh yeah. Just thinking." she said, voice hoarse. Jefferson narrowed his eyes, but nodded. He turned back to the movie, laughing once more. She messed with his mess of curls, and soon he was asleep. She carefully moved out from under him, and laid on her own bed. She laid awake for a very long time, occasionally looking at Jefferson's sleeping face.

He was pretty. His lips were so soft looking, his hair so perfect. And that southern accent? To die for.

She blinked.

Was she falling in love with Thomas Jefferson?

// fuck guys. this story has taken everything in me.