everything that goes up...

She slowly calmed down, hiccuping. She hugged her bare knees to her body.

Laurens had always found her beautiful.

Laurens.

She knew now that she had loved Laurens. The one she'd always miss, the one she'd compare everyone to.. And she hated it.

She looked up at the sky, sniffling.

"Hi John.. it's me.." she began softly, wiping her wet cheek. "Sorry to interrupt.. Um.. Look, I've got a situation here.. I think that I've been holding myself back from falling in love again.. And I think it's because I can't let you go but.. You're not here anymore, so... I have to ask this.. Would it be okay if I moved on? I realize that you have no way of answering that, but.. I n-need you too.." she choked out, sobs wracking her body again.

The sound of the door slowly opening made her go silent.

"Mi amor..?" a soft voice called, his thick French accent giving her a sense of calm. He rounded the corner to find her in her current state. His eyes widened.

"Oh, Alexandra.." he murmured, falling to his knees and pulling her into his lap. She cried into his chest, while he held her tightly.

"I miss him so much.. H-He always said he'd never go.. He left me alone.." she wailed, while he shushed her tearfully.

"I know, mi amor.. I know.." he murmured in her ear. She clung to him, repeating 'I miss him' over and over.

After a while, she had calmed down. She had stopped crying. Lafayette looked down at her.

"Lets get you some clothes.." he whispered, picking her up and putting her on the bed.

She sniffled and nodded gratefully at the sweatshirt and shorts he handed her. She put them on, curling up under her blanket. Lafayette laid next to her, sitting up. She put her head in his lap and he proceeded to stroke her hair.

"Where's Thomas?" she asked, voice nasally from crying. Lafayette scoffed, shaking his head.

"Probably in police custody." he stated, making her bolt upright.

"What?!"

Lafayette put her head back down.

"Relax, mon ami. They'll let him go tomorrow morning. After you left, he beat the living hell out of Seabury. He went color mad, I think. Ah, the things people do for love." Lafayette stated wistfully. Alex shook her head, eyes shut in pain.

"He loves Madison." she mumbled. Lafayette chuckled.

"If he doesn't love you, I'd love to see how he acts when he does, mon ami." he said, shaking his head and whistling. Alex rolled her eyes.

"Where is the idiot?" she inquired, eyes wide. Lafayette shrugged.

"We shall see tomorrow." was all he said. He began to hum, a slow daunting tune. Alex slowly fell asleep, lost in its melody.

Lafayette cleaned up the shards and kissed her head, leaving her to sleep.

She slept peacefully, despite the storm raging outside.

// one last chapter