⚠️💔Izuku x Reader: With My Last Breath

Start from the beginning

You carefully stepped through the haphazardly hung bed sheet covering the entrance. "Wow! This is so cool!" You exclaimed. "This should be our new clubhouse!" Izuku nodded with exuberance.

"It's my castle and I'm the king. You can only be a part of this club if you follow me." He grinned. You shrugged, too eager to object. You bent over in a low bow.

"How may I serve you, King Kacchan?" Hours of play passed before you returned home together.

"Midoriya. Where is your assignment?" The teacher asked the next morning.

"Eh?! Oh no!" He panicked digging through his All Might backpack. "I had it yesterday...." He looked up at you in realization. "I must have left my notebook at the clubhouse yesterday!" The teacher narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"He's telling the truth." You defended. "Zu-chan did the assignment, he just forgot it."

"Alright." The teacher stated patiently. "If you turn it in by Monday, you wont lose any credit."

"We have to go get it this weekend." Midoriya stated.

You jolted awake at the memory. "That has to be where he is." Your tiny heart filled with excitement at the new epiphany of information. The clock next to the bed said that it was nearing midnight. You jumped from your bed, running towards your father's room. 'Tomorrow!' Your dad's harsh tone resounded in your head. It was then that you changed your mind about waking him. "Sorry, dad. I can't wait that long." You whispered to yourself. You set the new plan in motion, throwing your fuzziest blanket over your shoulders. An idea struck on the way to the door. '...He's probably hungry.'

The beeping microwave startled you, piercing the silence and blowing your cover. "...F/N?" A voice echoed through the hall. 'Oh jeez. I'm done for!'

He walked in, flipping on the kitchen light. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just... heating up my soup." It wasn't technically a lie. Thank goodness you hadn't changed out of your pajamas yet.

"Ok, dear. Get some rest. I promise I'll wake you first thing in the morning to go look for Izuku."

"Thanks, daddy." You mumbled, shuffling back into the bedroom. You heard the distant sound of his door closing. You realized that your shoes were in the hallway, but decided you couldn't risk emerging again tonight. Deftly, inch by inch, you squirmed the window open and clambered out. Blanket and soup in hand, you ran towards the forest by the school. It was miles from the house, and you momentarily considered taking the bus, but soon changed your mind, thinking that would probably be more dangerous than running the whole way. You hadn't had much practice with your speed quirk, but you could still outrun all of your classmates by a landslide.

"No Trespassing" the sign read. Despite the frigid night air, you were sweating and panting from the strenuous overuse of your quirk. Fearlessly you stepped through the hole in the fence. Over the rough mossy terrain you ran, eventually finding the double-crossing log that once tricked even the sure-footed Kacchan.

The once familiar landmarks seemed alien and treacherous in the blackness.

"Zu-chan!" You called your best friend's nickname, walking along the riverbank. No reply. "Zu-chan!" You yelled, louder this time. Still silence. A scourge of self-doubt smacked you. 'He's not here. I was wrong.' You hiked deeper into the woods, not sure what was driving you anymore. You sighed, forgetting to pay attention to your footing. You slipped on the moist moss, stepping backwards onto a stick. It snapped with an audible CRACK!

"Hello?" A small peep tickled your eardrums. You froze, wondering if you imagined it. You held your breath, listening intently. "Is someone there?" It asked again.