helpless and drunk

Start from the beginning

"Is that right?" she asked, giving a small smile. Alex smiled, nodding.

"My name is Angelica Schuyler." she supplied, getting her water from the bartender. Alex smiled again.

"Alexandra Hamilton." she introduced, shaking her hand. Alex noticed Angelica's twinge of disappointment when the colors of the world didn't suddenly explode before her eyes. Alex bit her lip. Angelica looked beyond her, and her face was unreadable. Until she suddenly smiled.

"Follow me." she said, grabbing Alex's forearm. Alex giggled drunkenly as they pushed through the crowd.

"Where are you taking me?" she inquired, glancing around. Angelica smiled a little.

"I'm about to change your life."

Did she promise? Alex hated her life at the current moment anyways.

"By all means, lead the way."

Angelica led her over to the two other girls, who eyed Alex curiously. One looked way younger than the other two, and the other was painfully beautiful. Alex was sure she would have been even prettier in color, but ciest la vie. The girl's cheeks turned a darker grey at Alex's attention.

"Elizabeth Schuyler. Its a pleasure to meet you." she said, smiling.

Alex, in her drunken state, was baffled.

"Schuyler?" she asked, wide eyes looking to Angelica.

"My sister." Angelica supplied, smiling wryly. Alex nodded, turning back to Eliza.

"You're Alexandra Hamilton. We had Home Economics together." Eliza informed Alex, who gave her a flirty smile.

"If it takes enduring that shit stain of a class for us to meet, it will have been worth it." she said, making Eliza's shaded cheek go a deeper shade of grey. Angelica gave a small smile.

"I'll leave you to it." she chirped, grabbing the younger girl and hauling ass. Alex chuckled, offering her hand to Eliza.

"I hate Coldplay. But would you like to dance?" she offered. Eliza nodded, giggling. She took Alex's hand, and suddenly she gasped. Alex jumped a little.

"What?" she demanded, startled. Eliza had tears in her eyes.

"I can see the colors!" she exclaimed, looking around in wonder. Alex's eyes widened and she looked to Lafayette, who looked as if he was in a state of pure shock.

"Y-you can?" Alex stammered, gripping Eliza's hand. Eliza nodded. She looked at Alex.

"You.. You're mine! My soulmate! We're meant to be together!" she exclaimed, overjoyed. Alex gave a nervous smile. She glanced to Lafayette, who shook his head.

And in that moment she made a decision.

"Yes I am. And you're mine." Alex said, smiling widely. Eliza exclaimed, throwing herself into Alex's arms. Alex looked at Lafayette, who shook his head still. Her chest burned with guilt.

But she couldn't hurt someone like she'd hurt her Laurens again.

-

Eliza spent all her time plastered to Alex's side. Jefferson was severely annoyed by this, and left the dorm whenever Eliza was around.

Alex played the role of a happy, dutiful girlfriend. Though Eliza often said she worked just too much.

"Alexandra, take a break," she'd beg, wanting her to come with her on walks or to the zoo. Alex always would grunt and go back to typing.

Yet Eliza still adored her.

"She makes me feel so.. helpless." Eliza confided to Lafayette one day, whom she'd come to befriend. Lafayette nodded, looking uncomfortable.

"How sweet, mon ami.. So she sees the colors too?" he asked, head cocked. Eliza nodded excitedly.

"She likes me in blue best." she informed him. He gave her a small smile and nodded.

Alex worked and worked and when she didn't work, she was with Eliza.

This was her new life. Just as Angelica had promised, she'd indeed changed Alex's life. Whether it was for the better.. she didn't know yet.

A month into this relationship, Alex got incredibly shit faced. She'd been reminiscing about Laurens. Drunk and alone, Alex got a stupid idea.

Jefferson didn't even question her when she left.

She stumbled to Eliza's dorm, yelling loudly outside her window.

"Elizaaaa! I know you're there! I know you love me! We're soupmates! You gottaaaa! You gotta ah.. uh.. Come down!" Alex wailed, as a giggling Eliza peered down at her from her window.

"Shh.. Shhhh.. I'm coming, Alexandra." she whisper yelled down. A few minutes later, the dark haired beauty emerged from the building in her night gown.

"Alexandra?" she called softly. Alex waved.

"Eliza! Lets.. Lets get married!" she whisper yelled. Eliza's eyes went wide.

"What?!" she demanded, arms crossed to keep her warm in the cool October night.

"Lets get married! We're soupmates!" Alex yelled louder, making Eliza flinch. She glanced around.

"You're drunk Alexandra. Go home." she said, shaking her head. Alex grabbed her hand, and Eliza's eyes widened at the colors.

"We're gonna do it anyways. Lets just.. Go ahead and do it!" Alex begged, eyes wide. Eliza eyed her a moment.

"You're crazy.. But.. Lets do it." she said, smiling widely. Alex gasped and laughed; running with her, hand in hand down the college streets.

They ran twenty blocks, to a 24 hour wedding chapel. And within thirty minutes, they stood before each other, an Elvis Presley minister next to them.

"Alexandra.. You are my soulmate. I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit. I'm down for the count and drowning in them. You make me feel so.. helpless. Helpless in love." Eliza recited her vows, smiling sweetly. Alex hiccuped, smiling.

"Eliza, I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, or a dollop of fame. All I got is my honor, a tolerance for pain, few college credits and my top notch brain. INSANE, your family brings out a whole new side of me. Peggy confides in, Angelica tried to take a bite of me! No stress! My love for you is never in doubt. We'll get a little place in Harlem and just figure it out. I've been living without a family since I was a child. My father left, my mother died, I grew up buckwild. But I'll never forget my mother's face, that was real. And as long as I'm alive Eliza, I swear to god you'll never feel so helpless." Alex rambled on, while Eliza's eyes shined. The Elvis eyed Alex.

"This one sure does talk a lot.. Anyways. Do you have rings?" he asked in his southern drawl. It reminded drunk Alex of Jefferson. She giggled, handing him the small silver rings. He handed Eliza one, and Alex the other. They put them on each others fingers.

"Do you, Eliza Schuyler, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Elvis asked, looking to Eliza, whom smiled widely.

"I do, I do, I do, I DO!" she squealed. Alex grinned.

"And do you, Alexandra Hamilton, take this woman to be YOUR lawfully wedded wife?" Elvis asked. Alex nodded.

"I do."

"By the honors invested in me by the stare of New York, I now pronounce you lesbians for life. You may kiss the lesbian." the Elvis said boredly. Eliza kissed Alex passionately, giggling.

And that's all Alex remembered before blacking out.

// well shiiiiit.