Preparation

Unforgettable-French Montana

~~~~~~~~~~

  The letter came in and I couldn't decide whether I should be excited or should puke. I mean this would be the first time that anyone has ever gone to Afisa in a long while. I've been to the other kingdoms multiple times, for business meetings, trade, or just a very nice dinner. But no ones ever thought to venture towards Afisa. A long time ago Asgard and Afisa had a falling out it was strange too we were close with them at a time. It was an out of the blue situation really, one day they just decided to cut all ties with us. Then rumors began to surface about evil spreading through the land, Asgard chose to distance themselves from them.

  "Okay my Queen you lift your arms, I'm almost done with the measurements," Viola said.

  Viola was the royal tailor, the best in the kingdom really. She used her magic to help her create the most unique fabric and pattern designs ever.

  "Looks like you got a little wider around the hip and butt area, if only," she said wistfully. I could only laugh at that. "What would you like the color palette to be," she questioned.

  "Umm I think I would like some cool tones, maybe it will allow me to fit in a bit more," I said. 

  "This is so exciting for me, I've never made any winter clothes. This is great practice and a learning experience," Viola went on.

   "Okay I've finished all my measurements, I'll be done with all the outfits in two days," she said already walking to her sowing machine.

  "Thank you again Viola," I said.

I left the dressing room and headed towards my room. All around I could see maids rummaging through my closet and packing everything in sight. Packed away all my jewelry because they insisted that I needed to have them all with me. All my soaps, oils, and bath salts also went into the trunk because they reasoned that I might not like Afisa's scents. They packed blanket after blanket because when they found out that it was freezing over there, they worried about me getting frost bite. It was pointless arguing with any of them because their argument was "we only want the best for our Queen". In the end I had three trunks. The biggest one would hold all my clothes/ blankets. The medium sized one held all my bathroom necessities. And the smallest trunk was my jewelry.

I left my room and went straight to the kitchen, I needed something sweet to ease my nerves. If it was even possible, there was even more chaos in the kitchen than in my bedroom. Michaela, the head chef, was barking out orders to the kitchen staff.

"Hurry it up people, we don't have all day. The trip to Afisa is a week long carriage ride. I want you to make enough food for the Queen and Lord Bellum. Plus the driver and the horses, I don't have time for slacking workers," she yelled.

"Michaela please take it easy, it will be alright. Deep breaths like we practiced," I said calmly.

She took deep breaths and exhaled, the red in her face began to dilute itself into a light pink.

"Thank you your highness, I guess I lost my temper...again," she said.
"What can I help you with?," she asked.

"Oh actually I wanted a slice of your famous cookies and cream chocolate vanilla cake. And a bowl of ice cream with whip cream and sprinkles. Oh and some gummy worms and bears with a cherry on top. I-i-if t-thats not too much of course," I asked shyly.

"Oh sweetheart you're nervous aren't ya,"she asked softly. I was about to object, but she cut me off. "And don't try the I'm fine card, when you're nervous or stressed your sweet tooth comes out, just like your mother. This whole going to Afisa thing is scary I can only assume, but if I know one thing is that you always find a way to make things better. Don't stress about it girly, I know things will go in your favor," she said.