Chapter 77

~Ross' POV~

Riley's parents are here and they are taking her. Tomorrow. I ran over to Riley and grabbed her hand.

"You aren't taking her." I said.

"Yes we are." her mom answered.

"No, please." Riley begged, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You have no choice."

"Please don't make us leave." Rowan cried.

"Pack your things. We leave tomorrow." their dad demanded.

"You're endless summer has come to an end." her mom said.

Riley got out of my hand and ran up the stairs. She went into her room and slammed the door. I soon ran up the stairs and to Riley's room.

"Riley." I said, knocking on the door.

She opened the door and her tear-filled eyes came in contact with mine. I walked in the room and saw boxes of stuff ready to go.

"You're really leaving me, aren't you?" I mumbled, clencing my fist.

"I dont really see how I have a choice." Riley mumbled.

"Change their minds." I suggested.

~Riley's Pov~

"I can't. I have to be on a plane tomorrow."

"So you're leaving? Just like that? Why are they making you do this?" Ross asked.

"Because they're stupid."

"How could you leave? This is your home. It's where your family and friends are. It's where I am!" Ross said, raising his voice at me.

"Don't yell at me."

"They can't just show up and take you away!" Ross yelled.

"You've known about this just as long as I have."

I stopped talking to him and began packing again.

"So you aren't going to talk to me?" Ross asked.

"There's nothing to talk about." I mumbled.

"What about us?"

"How can there be an 'us' after today?" I said with tears in my eyes.

"I'll wait for you."

"I know what it feels like to miss someone and I care about you too much to ever put you through that." I said, now looking in Ross' eyes.

"So you care about me enough to break up with me?" Ross asked.

"I don't want to but what choice do I have?" I asked.

Ross started pacing around my room, clenching and unclenching his fists. He finally stopped at a wall and I saw tears fall from his eyes.

"Thanks for the best summer of my life. I wish it wasn't over." I said, going over to him and leaning on him.

"I should go." Ross mumbled, going to the door.

"Wait." I said, following him.

I went over to him and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"I'll always love you." I said.

"I'll always love you too." Ross said before walking out the door.

He's gone. And, I'm leaving California tomorrow. I heard Ross slide down the outside of my door and start crying. After awhile of laying on my bed crying and texting Rydel, I decided to go to sleep because it was 3 in the morning. Rydel said that we would get together one last time before I leave.

¤The next morning¤

I woke up the next morning with a horrible headache. Then it hit me. Ross and I broke up last night. For good. Rydel was throwing us a goodbye party tonight and then we had to be on a plane at midnight. I needed to talk to Ross.

I got up and got ready for the day. I took a hot shower and straightened my hair. I threw on some basic makeup. I walked out the door, making sure not to wake my parents or Rowan.

"Hey guys." I said to the Lynch's who were sitting on the couch.

I made my way to Ross' door. I put my ear against the door and I sounded like he was crying.

"He hasn't stopped crying since he came home last night." Rydel whispered as she passed me.

Ross has been crying over me. I'm such a terrible person. I opened the door and revealed Ross laying on his bed with a pillow over his face.

"Ross?" I asked, walking toward the bed.

"What?" he mumbled.

"I don't want to leave knowing my best friend is mad at me." I said, sitting on the side of his bed.

"I'm not mad at you."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me that." I said.

He removed the pillow from his face. His eyes were red and puffy.

"I'm not mad at you, Ri."

"Are you high?" I asked, noticing his eyes were really red.

"Kind of." Ross mumbled before hiding his face again.

"You can't be doing drugs, Ross."

"It was just a little bit. I'm fine."

"Please don't be mad at me." I said, scooting closer to him.

"Hug me." Ross said, sitting up.

I scooted even closer to him and put my arms around him. I felt his tears drip onto my shoulder.

"You need to take a shower and get ready for later." I said, pulling away from him.

"Take one with me?" Ross asked with a smirk.

"We aren't together anymore." I mumbled.

"Come sit in the bathroom with me. Like old times." Ross said.

"Fine."

I used to hang out in the bathroom with Ross when he took showers. We never thought anything of it.

I got up and we went into the bathroom. I locked the door and hopped on the counter.

"Don't look at me." Ross said while undressing.

"Uh, too late." I said, starring at his abs.

His v-line was showing and he had a perfect tan. It was turning me on.

"Maybe we can have one last shower before I leave." I said, hopping off the counter and caressing my hands on his abs.

"I'm okay with that." Ross said as my shirt came off.

¤

¤

TBM is all up in this chapter. TBM2 wrapped the other day:)

Anyway...will Riley really leave?

-Hanna♡