xxv. her power

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

"You two stay here, I'll go order our coffees."

Aimeé, Sebastian and Hunter were inside Dalton's cafe after their Warbler practice. Aimeé walked away as Sebastian and Hunter smiled affectionately at her.

As soon as Aimeé was out of earshot, the smiles on their handsome faces turned to a scowl and glared at each other.

"I don't like you." Hunter told Sebastian.

Sebastian smiled sarcastically. "Fun. I don't like you either." he retorted.

"Let's make things clear, I don't intend to be buddies whose girl I intend to steal

"Let's make things clear, I don't intend to be buddies whose girl I intend to steal."

"Here's reality check, just because you know her before I did doesn't mean she's going to jump in your arms and ride to happily ever after. She's with me, and you're nothing."

"She had a crush on me."

"Had. I'm the love of her life."

The two Warblers glared daggers at each other. They kept throwing snarky comments one after another until Aimeé returned with their coffees. The scowl on their faces turned into a fake smile as she sat down beside Sebastian.

"So, what did I miss?"

Sebastian wrapped and arm around Aimeé's shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Nothing, Mon coeur. Right, newbie?" he asked and smirked smugly at Hunter.

Hunter smiled bitterly. "That's right."

Aimeé smiled happily, unaware the two were planning how to murder each other behind her back.

🎶

Months passed since Aimeé let Hunter join the Warblers and she noticed he had been bossing their fellow Warblers around as if they were his minions.