xvii. her epiphany

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

"Hey, Sebastian? Can I ask you something?"

The said Warbler took his eye off of the Warblers' set list for sectionals in his hand, and turned to Aimeé, who was sitting in her usual maroon armchair inside the senior commons.

Since Thad, Wes and David were seniors and were busy with graduation, while Blaine transferred schools, she was left as the only member of the Warbler Council and didn't want to place anymore responsibilities to the Warblers, so they decided to abolish it and left the decision-making to her as the Warbler Captain and became the Head Warbler.

"That's new coming from you, Mon coeur, but sure."

Since Sebastian chose to stick by her side every day and despite being in the lacrosse team, he did his best to be there for her and help her manage the Warblers, which she greatly appreciated.

Aimeé forced out a smile and took a deep breath. "Why did you say all those things?" she asked.

Sebastian furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before he realized what she was talking about. "Being the last guy?" he asked, curiously and Aimeé nodded shyly. "Has it been bothering you? I'm touched, Mon coeur. It means you've been thinking about me."

Aimeé glared at him and smacked his shoulders, making him laugh in amusement. She pouted childishly and angrily looked away.

Sebastian stopped laughing and became serious. "I like you, Aimeé Crawford." he said, sincerely.

Aimeé's eyes widened in shock. She was thankful she turned away from him, if she didn't, he could have seen how red she was.

"This is all fun and games to you, Sebastian Smythe. Don't expect me---"

"I like you a lot, Aimeé. I would say love, but you wouldn't believe me."

Aimeé took a deep breath. "You don't waste time, do you?" she asked, sarcastically and turned to him.

It was a wrong move. When she locked eyes with him, her heart fluttered like crazy.

Sebastian smirked smugly. "Why would I waste this opportunity to move your heart since you've stolen mine already? It only seems fair." he said, confidently and crossed his arms. "Mon coeur."

Aimeé should have swooned if it weren't for the fact his overconfident self was annoying, but it was also amusing.

"Haven't you heard of becoming friends first?"

Sebastian quirked an eyebrow in amusement. "If that's what you want, I can do that, but don't complain when I care about you more than friends would." he told her.

Aimeé laughed wholeheartedly as she shook her head and took the set list from him. "Anyways, the theme for sectionals is epiphany. I'm thinking about three songs, which would build up the feeling of it. The first love, the heartbreak, and the realization."