xviii. her partner

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

"As all of you know, the Warbler Council have been abolished and left the Warbler Captain to become the Head Warbler and handle the choir group. I would like to suggest a new position, the Co-Captain, and nominate a new lead singer. The floor is open for---"

The Warblers glanced at each other with knowing looks as Jeff, Nick and Trent pushed Sebastian forward. The said Warbler glared at them when he saw Aimeé snickering at him at what happened.

"I nominate Sebastian Smythe as Co-Captain and lead singer!"

"I second that!"

"I close the nomination!"

"I second the motion!"

Aimeé sighed softly. "That's not how it works." she complained and shrugged as she raised her hand. "Oh well. I vote for Sebastian!"

The Warblers also raised their hands and grinned mischievously at Sebastian, who looked so done with their antics before looking at a laughing Aimeé.

Sebastian already admitted to himself months ago that he wasn't the same he was before he met Aimeé.

His eyes flickered to the Warblers and nodded. The Warblers grinned happily and stood in the middle of the room.

Aimeé glanced at them, then to Sebastian, who stared at her as he walked over to his fellow Warblers.

The Warblers behind Sebastian started humming and harmonizing with each other as they started dancing while Aimeé smiled happily at them.

Sebastian winked at Aimeé as he started singing.

Ooohoo!
Let me tell yah now
Ooh

The Warblers pivoted and danced around the room as Sebastian danced over to a smiling Aimeé.

When I had you to myself,
I didn't want you around