xiv. her nationals

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

Days before the National Show Choir Championship, Kurt told Aimeé, Blaine and the Warblers that he decided to transfer back to McKinley after Karofsky started an anti-bullying club with Santana, and personally assured him that he regretted everything he has done.

Aimeé and the Warblers were saddened for his departure from the group, but trusted him that he was doing what was right for himself.

Kurt offered Aimeé and Blaine to transfer with him, but Aimeé politely declined. She told him that Dalton has become her second home, and the Warblers were her family, so it was hard for her leave to leave them behind just to transfer schools.

When the Warblers arrived in New York, they spent each day rehearsing their set list with a theme of fairytale. As they always planned, Aimee has her solo, and a duet with Blaine while the Wablers sang back up.

Wearing their complete Dalton Academy uniforms, Aimeé and the Warblers confidently walked inside the venue of the competition. Their other fellow choir groups already there noticed them and immediately recognized who they were.

"Look, the Dalton Academy Warblers from Westerville."

"The national champions of last year are here."

"Of course, they would make it."

"Aimeé Crawford is an MVP."

The Wablers were one of the ten groups to move onto the Showcase, fourth round of the competition, and were in the fifth round, the National Championship.

Aimeé stood beside Blaine at the backstage as they watched Vocal Adrenaline's amazing performance.

"That Filipina has a great voice." Aimeé told Blaine.

Blaine smiled encouragingly at her. "You have a great voice too, don't forget that." he said and Aimeé looked at him. "You have a voice that everyone envies and you know how to use it."

Aimeé smiled softly at him and tightly embraced him. "Thanks, Blaine. I'm glad you're here with me." she said and buried her head in his chest.

She was certain she had feelings for him.

Blaine looked down at her and grinned happily. "Now, let's own New York!"

The Warblers walked towards the three stepped stairs in the middle of the dim lit stage as Aimeé walked over to stand beside the piano beside it, while Blaine stood across from her.