iii. her dance lesson

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

Blaine walked inside senior commons and saw Aimeé on the phone with her new friend, who would possibly replace him as her best friend.

"Really?! Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Kurt! I can't believe your dad's getting married! I'm really happy for you and your dad. I would love to, but I can't go now, I still have Warbler practice. I'm free after that. I'm yours the entire afternoon. Yeah, yeah, I'd love to meet New Directions, especially this Rachel Berry you speak of. No, I won't? Oh, bye!"

Aimeé ended the call and looked up to find Blaine walking over to her. She smiled at him as she stood up from the maroon arm chair she was sitting on.

"So, Kurt's dad is getting married?" Blaine asked curiously.

Aimeé nodded happily. "Yeah, his dad's getting married to his former crush's mom. How cool is that?"

Blaine chuckled lightly. "You're going to McKinley after practice? Why?" he asked.

Aimeé nodded again. "Yeah, Kurt wanted me to help him with his dad and his stepbrother's dance rehearsal, and talk about the details for the wedding. He wanted my help." she explained.

"You and Kurt are really close." Blaine said, sadly.

Aimeé quirked an eyebrow at him. "Is Blaine Devon Anderson jealous of my friendship with Kurt?" she teased.

Blaine frowned deeply as he crossed his arms and looked away from her, making her laugh in amusement.

"Oh my! You are! You are jealous of Kurt, aren't you?"

"What? No!"

Aimeé quirked an eyebrow in amusement. "I know you, Blaine."

Blaine looked back at her as he uncrossed his arms and sighed in defeat. "Fine, fine! I am jealous. You haven't known him that long and you two act like you've known each other for years." he admitted.

Aimeé smiled affectionately at him and wrapped her arms around him for a hug. "Don't be jealous. You are and always will be my best friend. No one, and I mean, no one could ever replace you." she assured him.

Blaine took a deep breath and buried his face on her shoulder. "What if I want us to be more than friends?" he mumbled.

Only hearing his muffled voice, Aimeé frowned in confusion. "What?"

Blaine chuckled nervously as he embraced her tighter and shook his head. Aimeé shrugged and looked behind him when she heard voices.